Forum

Glory Days

8 years 2 months ago #72865 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Glory Days
Richt was an incompetent game day coach. Add that to his poor hiring choices and you get the years of mediocrity. Smart may or may not be better but it is difficult to see him being worse. 2004 was about the peak of Richts accomplishments. Good coaches like BVG could cover some of Richts ineptness and his poor hiring decisions had not taken hold yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72866 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Glory Days

kentdaddy wrote: Richt was an incompetent game day coach. Add that to his poor hiring choices and you get the years of mediocrity. Smart may or may not be better but it is difficult to see him being worse. 2004 was about the peak of Richts accomplishments. Good coaches like BVG could cover some of Richts ineptness and his poor hiring decisions had not taken hold yet.

Well said kentdaddy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72868 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Glory Days
You can probably go back to 2005 or so and I was ranting about the dramatic decline in the defense. And how Richt got out coached in the bowl game that year by Rich Rod. If it was not here it was on my old bmw site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72869 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Glory Days
KD......spot on..... Back when cars had universal joint

On the drive shaft you could tell when one was going bad

Not a question if it needed replacement but how soon...

You heard and saw sooner than some....the rest of the

world finally got out of denial mode.....

CKS will make mistakes....IMO he will learn from them

And won't repeat them over and over....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 2 months ago #72872 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Glory Days
I agree with you kentdaddy, but according to folk like scooby the only issue with our former coach is that NS started getting better players, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72874 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Glory Days

NC_Dawg wrote: Scobby Wrote:

My point in this thread was a mr team could beat a ns team pretty badly. Uga had better players in that contest. Bama is dominating now because they get the best players. Ns is a great coach and I'm not saying anything different. But watch the game I posted. Butt kicking...

Yes, there was a time, very early in Marks career, when we beat many teams with great regularity. I was sitting in Section 107 for the game you posted....it was an awesome evening in Athens and our future looked bright,..............then,...........not so much!

This topic has been often discussed. That was 2004 and the "toddler" coaching years for both Mark and Nick. Which one grew up to be heads and shoulders above the other? I don't pretend to know all the reasons why Nick excelled and Mark didn't. Certainly both possessed the fundamentals at the inception of their careers. Nonetheless, the facts and the historical record speaks for itself.

It's now Kirby's turn. I'm hopeful that he will resurrect much of the greatness our program had during Marks early years.....and then eclipse them. Time will write Kirby's journal entries and I consider myself an avid reader.

As for Mark, his journal is already filled with conflicting chapters, waffling ambitions, questionable decision-making and suspect leadership....Perhaps he has now found a niche' of followers and a fan base in the tens of hundreds that will accept him for him. I hear the weather is nice in Miami!!

Moving on,..........

GO DAWGS!!!!!

NC, you make some good points.

Would point out mr was a fourth year head coach and ns was in his fifth year at Lsu after six or eight at mich state. Go back and look at his record at mich state. I guess he was still refining the process back then.

Edit...ns was at mich st five years...

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds