8 years 1 month ago #72882 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Glory Days
Scobby.... This thread IMO reminds me of the glass

Slipper.....except you choose to cut the ugly sisters foot

until the slipper fits.... Or .....if ...its and buts were

Candy and nuts .....we would have won at least one

NC with MR....... We know and remember the name of

The horse who just won the triple crown...can you

Name the horse who finished second in the 3 races???

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #72958 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Glory Days
Googled bvg and just don't know what to think about that guy. He prolly would have been a sec head coach if he had more sticktoitness. That guy has never stayed anywhere long. To be honest I just don't know what to think about the new uga assistant coaching staff who have bounced for so many years. Time will tell.

Got to reading about bvg and that led me to reading about Georgia southern. Didn't realize bvg and Paul Johnson had coached there. Bvg came in talking junk about the offense strategy under Johnson and then bvg was a flop. Pj called the school wanting to get gs on the navy schedule so he could kick bvgs azz. Kinda funny to me.

Erk Russell's son was an assistant coach for Gs and he was fired around this time. Er was pizzed and from what I can tell did not attend any more games and ended up with hard feelings. I really hated it ended this way for him.

I was curious what er's salary was and googled. There was a very nice si article that popped up from 1981ish. His salary at gs was a slight raise to 47k. Vd was offered a "lucrative" one million dollar five year contract from auburn around this time. He went from big time to a small time situation. They played in a hs stadium without a lot of "stuff". Also read the new coach make half mil salary.

Just interesting reading to me...

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72959 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic The demise of CVG was likely,....
the very first HUGE coaching mistake made by MR. Very little doubt regarding VG's talent. It was his swagger, his personality that ran aground with his boss! I often wonder what might have occurred, had CMR not dismissed CVG.....And his replacement was mistake #2, in what would be a litany of epic failures to come...

Oddly enough, CMR book ended his career with similar firebrand DC's, the latter of which likely expedited the end of the CMR era.....THANKS Jeremy,....I only wish we could have kept you!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 1 month ago #72961 by scooby
www.si.com/vault/1981/11/09/826091/all-s...ing-a-whole-new-team

Here is the article if anyone is interested...

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #73273 by scooby
Just thumping around the internet tonight and this popped up again. Watching a vid about Derrick rose and roses growing through concrete cracks. Shaking my head and see this on the side.

Just can't get it through my thick noggin how ns got so dang smart.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds