Forum

Believe in Change . . . . I Damn Sure Do

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72725 by Buc
Not Christmas Eve.

This thread is about Recruit Eve.

Tomorrow, 2/3/2016 I have high hopes for this . . . .

Finally we have a head coach in Athens that understands having offensive and defensive lines on the field. Especially when playing in the SEC. This is not pointed at Richt solely . . . . Frankly, Richt did not have the “overall understanding”. That does not necessarily lay in Richt's lap, that was going on before Richt arrived. Richt did not know or understand how to correct the previous “failings”. My opinion that falls directly on the “Group”. Who was Mark Richt to argue with, receiving a four (4) million dollar salary? For those of you that grew up with VD, just how good was Vincent? Count his years and accomplishments. The . . . . have to say this . . . . The Public Relations Department and the Group made many believe that VD was all that.

Welcome home Head Coach Kirby Smart. It was past time for a “reality check”. Now we see some moving to the “other side”, but doing so grudingly. Other side is the Kirby Smart side. Greg McGarity will not talk “down” to Smart. Meaning . . . . in 2010/2011, McGarity did that when sitting with Mark Richt. Conversation was simple . . . . Richt coach “football”. Guess the “good man” did not get the message. JMHO.

Put this in “our pipes and smoke it or not” . . . . Greg McGarity will not approach Kirby Smart the same way. Bet that.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72726 by Buc
Until we change the "past", for sure there is no "future".

Simple message here.

Head Coach Kirby Smart is the "man". Kirby Smart cannot "dodge" the media or the fans. Kirby is faced with one thing . . . . winning. Not just winning, winning against those that have kicked our butts for the past x number of years.

Can't speak for the others on this board . . . . I am tired of those trying to put a "ring" in the fans nose and lead us to where "they" want us to go.

Head Coach Kirby Smart said he wants Sanford Stadium "filled" in the Spring. Ever hear that from anyone before Kirby. Ask that again . . . . Ever hear that from anyone before Kirby Smart came home.

I have heard the previous head coach say that he hopes we can "win the EAST" side of the SEC.

If anyone on this board and those that read Dawgs.com can live with the "past" . . . . does not surprise this old goat, watched VD move past Erk, then start wearing the "color orange" when his son moved on. Barbara loved UT. How did that turn out?

Francis and VD in my mind are the same folks that have "held UGA Football back". Yes, I said that.

I say this . . . . If you like what you saw in the past, why not bring the VD's and MR's back? Change is good. The University of Georgia needed serious change, not just coaching change, goes way the hell above that.

Many of us watch what is being said by those that I and others refer to as "bleeding hearts". They choose to post on the AJC, their voice is "much louder" there.

Welcome Home Head Coach Kirby Smart . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72727 by Buc
Spending a lot of time looking for anything that makes me think we (UGA) will get better, I read this article in the AJC. Damn good article, from where I sit.

Damnit, we finally have a "LEADER".

Reading the article carefully, do not believe I missed a lot.

Look my friends . . . . I am here, Dawgs.com for one reason. Many here understand, many just read, but when they post, it makes sense.

Would love for some of the "old timers" on this board to tell me where I am wrong. Simply we disagree with "history".

Sometimes silence is "Golden". I happen to be a "yakker".

dogbytesonline.com/ugas-kirby-smart-push...-defensive-freshmen/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72728 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Believe in Change . . . . I Damn Sure Do
Buc you and I plus just about everyone on this site has

Spoke about change in Athens...finally there is no

Question about what has and will change going forward

Thankfully......

We will have a very good class and has the possibility of

Turning into something special....yes always something

Special about a HC first recruiting class

We have had talent in Athens for many seasons

Change this time will be talent will be developed

Coaches will see to coaching them up.....fact

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 2 months ago #72729 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc you and I plus just about everyone on this site has

Spoke about change in Athens...finally there is no

Question about what has and will change going forward

Thankfully......

We will have a very good class and has the possibility of

Turning into something special....yes always something

Special about a HC first recruiting class

We have had talent in Athens for many seasons

Change this time will be talent will be developed

Coaches will see to coaching them up.....fact

Go Dawgs

yd1, the time in my opinion has come to stop what I have watched for far too long, and yes that includes stopping my Grandfather bringing the "Steam Engine" down the tracks. Kind of goes along with Erk leaving Athens and taking up residence in Statesboro.

Might get booted for this, have a lot of pent up emotions about what "so many" do not understand about our football program.

Much deeper than what some "do not know". What bothers me more is those that "think" they know, and post BS.

Go Dawgs, looking for a great class in 2016. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72730 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Believe in Change . . . . I Damn Sure Do
As a seasoned citizen and dawg fan....all the past has

Been woven into your fabric......like the weather you have

Seen just about everything possible that could take place

With our football program....like the change of seasons

IMO we are in the spring and watching with great interest

How we get back to the our roots.....GATA.....

Larry,Erk and Lewis all have a small smirk as if they

Know....the answer ......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds