Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72511 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
There is an interesting article that I read elsewhere, won't give the site up, easy enough to find.

Folks there talking about offensive linemen.

The same site that had many bleeding hearts, now they seem to think the head coaching move was needed.

Back to offensive linemen. Previous head coach is solely responsible for the LOI's. Can't dodge that. Came into the 2015 Season and the media told all who would listen that Georgia had one of the best offensive lines in college football. Again, not bashing the players, who is going to turn a scholarship down offered by UGA? We have been outmanned on the offensive line for "years". Players out of position. That "out of position" thingy was brought to the forefront by Rob Sale in his first and only year as the offensive line coach.

Looking forward to Sam Pittman. As averagedawg mentioned above, Kirby Smart had no problem acquiring coaches. Pittman was a tough one in my way of thinking . . . . Bielema loading up the players, going to Pittman's home, trying to keep Sam. Bielema using "shame tactic", says to me he fits well in Arkansas. Lots of shame has arisen from many Arkansas higher ups, not all were football coaches.

Go Dawgs . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72512 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Last year it was apparent there had been an on going problem for several years and was not getting better. Since a lot of it landed back at the HC Dawgs.com kept vigilant on Richt all year.

It had to be done. Eventually our focus had to be on the broken cog and it landed on MR.

We got the change and it is good. YD1 Fun meter going up.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

8 years 3 months ago #72516 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I have seen the list of de-commits, and sure
enough it does exist.

First of all the Richt crowd will say otherwise, but
MR had de-commits every single year.

There are 3 types of players we are talking about, and we will only get 2 of those 3 types:

There are the type of players that want to go to UGA, period. They are not going anywhere else.

Then there are the guys who want to go play for a Mark Richt type and don't want to play for a Kirby Smart.

Then there is the 3rd type who want to play for a Kirby Smart type guy and probably not for a Mark Richt.

I'll leave it up to the readers to decide which 2 types we're better off with. ;)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
8 years 3 months ago #72545 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I don't know about you but I'm ready for some football woof woof! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds