Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 3 months ago #72501 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Well the Crystal back home in the SEC after a two year absence. Congratulations to the Tide.

As Kirby stated it wasn’t pretty and it was disaster control but the Tide held and fought hard for the win……

I agree with our HC that it was better for him to start as the former DC of the current NC rather than answering

the…..what went wrong questions…..

Flashback to a year ago….

About to enter the Shotty as our OC adventure

There was no lacking of voices on this board speaking out that this was a train wreck waiting to happen… other said let’s see how this plays out after we play the feared Chickens and the Ole Ball Sack….

this was before we knew USC was a bad football team… still it was fun hanging 50 on CSS and helping out the door,,,, also showed we had problems on offense…we just didn’t know just how bad those problems were,,,, did not take long to find out…..stink city…..

As I remember MR stated we were lucky? too find a OC that knew the pro-style offense to coach college ball…. we know now that this is BS……

seemed easy enough for CKS to locate a OC that knows how to coach by pro & spread O’s…..

my thinking is that nobody worth a damn wanted to sign on to this program….people in the business knew Georgia was reaching a critical point….. melt down at the top was taking place….no amount of lipstick was going to help this pig…

I have not seen the same type of comments made about any of CKS hires…. as we heard about Shotty…..same for Towel Toddy….. we saw history repeated with both failures…..

Seems like forever we also have been posting about change,,,, we knew what changes we needed long before those who finally made them happen did…..

Now we have complete change….. the coaches who were retained will also change as they are now part of a staff that supports and understands what they are teaching….

“Keep Calm….Coach Smart is here”

He has not put forth any double talk coach speak…..we will be successful by building OL and DL’s with quality depth….. we will look to build depth at all positions as injures are part of the game…..

No smoke and mirrors…. no snake oil sales….. Carney Barker he is not ….thank you….. not making any wild ass statements about rubbing anyone’s nose in the poop who we play…. yada yada,,,,

seems hard to believe he and Chipmunk could be good friends ….. might be a story here on just how close they are now since the Chipmunk’s melt downs……hmmmm

The people I know back in Chattanooga who are Vol fans are sweating heavy now that CKS has taken over…
they understand the way business with our football program is done has changed…..one of them said UT has to play Bama and now we have a clone on our schedule also.

Life in the SEC East….. changed ….. woof…..woof….woof

Place your bet gents…… I betting we will have a starting quarterback named after the G-game….. ya think……

CJP….. you don’t get what you want in life…you get what you earn

CKS….learn to be comfortable with being uncomfortable…..

Now hear this…… Finish the Drill has relocated to Dade County Florida …that is 635 miles south as the carnival travels from Athens……

Much to mull and ponder this winter…… on to NSD….. feel we have some favorable surprises coming to fill out #squard16…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Fun meter on the move upward….

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, averagedawg, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72506 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
As has been said by more than one on this board, players knew that football was not being taken as seriously as it should have been. Many factors point to that.

Seems to me when those higher ups could no longer let the grumbling continue, change was made.

McGarity liked to say that he had an open email box. Problem with that for too long was making sure the messages found their way to the Group. Hard to hide what the fans feel, even if some of the mullet wrappers tend to be joined at the hip when producing a true picture, or being realist.

Many of the articles now seem to be concerned with recruits pulling away from their commitments to Georgia. As if that was not expected, and from where I sit, shouting fire in the theater is not journalism.

The coaching hires made by Kirby Smart, not Greg McGarity are football coaches. Smart came to Athens with a plan and is now putting everything in place. Know this . . . . It will be done Kirby Smart's way. Say again, glad we had a change in head coaches, but that was not the only problem. Problems existed until the fans said enough is enough. Fans and folks that wore the pads in the Classic City. That is with the exception of Francis.

Add this . . . . anyone that believes Kirby Smart could not have upped the ante on his yearly wage, he could have. Kirby Smart knew that getting the coaches he wanted would require more money than McGarity likes to give. There is not a doubt in my mind that Kirby Smart took less to give more. That will change with time.

Lots to talk about. yankeedawg1, thanks for the BPS.

Go Dawgs . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 3 months ago #72507 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Great point Buc...CKS gave a little now to get what he

Needed to get more later.....Coach knows how to play

His cards...not throwing stuff hoping it sticks

Much said about how he is working the process

Let me give you another P. word.....Purpose...

His process is....purpose driven

Go Dawg

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72508 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I think it's called separating the wheat from the chaff, one man was reluctant to do that and it cost him, CKS isnt afraid to and we all will prosper from it. Good Leadership! Go Dawgs

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72509 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It took Richt forever to get coaches who would work for him.
Contrary to his family friendly, relaxed appriach.

Interesting, Smart comes in and gets those he wants with the speed of light.
Quality coaches want to work for winners.

We can thank Jeremy Pruitt for paving the way for Kirby Smart.

Feels good to be a Dawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 3 months ago #72510 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Been said Rome wasn't built in a day...

That's because CKS wasn't in charge... Oldie but

Much truth... We now have a doer not a watcher..

Providing the leadership..... Huge difference....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds