Forum

FOMO

8 years 5 months ago #71179 by Wartdawg
FOMO was created by Wartdawg
FOMO

Fear of missing out.

At Dawgsports, a comment was made that McGarity made the decision on Richt mainly out of the fear of missing out on Kirby.

If that is true.... remember.. assuming that comment is true....

Is it fair to make a decision about Richt based on that?

Personally I would say yes. If I had an inclination to think that Richt's tenure was coming to an end in the near future either because of the coaches own plans, or because the writing was on the wall that it just wasn't going to get much better... then yes it was fine to pull the trigger when you saw a guy you thought could be your CEO for the next 15 years. Richt even under the best of circumstances wasn't going to be here that long.

If true though.... then McGarity better be right about Smart, and he better be able to get Smart if the decision was about a fear if missing out on him.

What happens now though if McGarity did this without having Smart locked down. Oh yes there are more candidates out there, but again assuming it's true.. what if he doesn't land Smart?

I'm fine with making the decision now so we can "Get Smart" before he takes a job elsewhere, but I'm not sure it wouldn't have happened anyway even if Smart wasn't available.

What say you?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71181 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic FOMO
Smart seems like the best option. The ONLY concern I would have would be that the defense already seems to be in good hands, so do they need an offensive mind at the top?

I love how the Richtites are complaining that Smart has no head coaching experience. He has the same amount that CMR had 15 years ago.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71184 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic FOMO
I'm not so sure I totally agree with the offensive mind thing. We've had an "offensive mind" for the past 5 years and even when we were making hay on offense it didn't seem to bring us any titles.

What I want is someone who will build from the lines of scrimmage out, instead of from the wideouts and backs in.

The main point I was wanting to ask though, was what if we did this to get Smart and
Smart doesn't take the job? I would hope we wouldn't have done it just to get Smart without having him already lined up, but you can never tell with our regime. We've made offers before and had our offers turned down.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71187 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic FOMO

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: The ONLY concern I would have would be that the defense already seems to be in good hands, so do they need an offensive mind at the top?

^^^ This ^^^

I was thinking the exact same thing ! Granted KS is a Dawg and a Saban Disciple, but I also wanna believe that Pruitt stays and our defense is in great hands.

Why not go get Tom Herman(Houston) to be HC/OC?

DM<

More
8 years 5 months ago #71195 by Wartdawg
Not as familiar with recruiting in the south.... making a big jump from his conference to the SEC.

I like him, but there are some things to be considered.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Wartdawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #71333 by Wartdawg
I had hopes this would have jumped to the next step on it's own, but let me help it along...

If it wasn't obvious Smart was ready to make a move.... if there wasn't a danger Smart goes to SC..

Would McGarity have made the decision to let Mark Richt go?

I think we know that many here would have made the move anyway, but would McGarity have?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

• Wartdawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds