Forum

3 Special Players

8 years 6 months ago #69705 by Wartdawg
3 Special Players was created by Wartdawg
3 Special Players...

3... Aaron Murray, Todd Gurley, and Nick Chubb

These 3 special players have helped hide how far our program has fallen since 2008. You could actually go back and say 4 with Stafford, but lets just talk about our decline since 2008; A decline with offensive guru Richt at the helm. (He's offensive, alright ;) )

We've seen what our QB situation has been like without Murray. Joe Cox, Hutson Mason, Greyson Lambert (Ramsey). If you want to go back further and look pre- Stafford you see good ole Joey T at QB before you drop back into an era of players recruited by the previous coach. Richt did recruit Shockley, but Greene was a Donnan kid.

Then look at Gurley and Chubb... what would we have been without those two with Mason and Lambert having to carry the load without them?

Just a handful of individual players have enabled Richt to hide his incompetence at the SEC level since 2008. Murray single-handedly carried the team despite the bafoonish play calling, and Gurley and Chubb could grind out 150 yards no matter what sort of line they had in front if them.

3 players have saved Mark Richt's back over the past 7 years, and while I want to thank the football gods that we got them, I also know they are the only reason Richt is still here.

Richt isn't as great of a recruiter as his supporters want to make you think. He's attracted some incredible individual talents, even more than just those 3, but he couldn't recruit a complete TEAM if you spotted him the T and E to go with the AM he lucked himself into.

What's really unfortunate is that a real head coach could have probably ridden them to a few SEC championships, but not Richt. Richt hid behind the shield of these enormous talents and rode them all the way to seasons just good enough to keep the dream of "just wait till next year" alive.

But hey guys.... I hear next year is just around the corner again, and we've got this great individual talent named Eason on the way.

I'm sure things will change for the better then. :whistle:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvalG, Buc, TN Dawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69707 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic 3 Special Players
Good read, truth throughout Wartdawg.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69709 by Buc
Have said this more than once . . . . Speaking to what I have personally witnessed over a lot of years.

Mark Richt is doing the same thing that Bobby Bowden did, from beginning to end, I see the same lapses that took a determined front office to correct.

I stand by this. Don't believe that Greg McGarity is the Athletic Director that can and will move Georgia football to a different course. The compass in Athens is broken.

Pulled the italicized paragraph below from the link listed.

And without those kinds of players, Georgia football is lost. For whatever reason, mental toughness is not an attitude that Mark Richt, regardless of the assistants he surrounds himself with, can instill in his program. (Not that he’s alone in that department; I’d argue that Georgia hasn’t been mentally tough since Erk left Athens.)

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/georgias-coaching-problem/
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69711 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic 3 Special Players
How many times have I said that a team takes on the personality of the HC.

Our teams are not mentally tough because our HC isn't. We're soft because he is.

Our players don't have a plan B because Richt
doesn't have a plan B.

Look at what happened THIS time. He telegraphed to UT that by golly we were going to go back to the basics, and told the world that we should have just kept running it right at them last week. So lo and behold! Guess what UT prepared for? They sold all out to prevent us running it right at them, and where did we go when that happened?

We went nowhere because there never was a plan B. No plan B had been planned on, and lord
knows Richt can't think of one on the
fly. He will beat his head against the same wall until bloody and never realize it's made if brick because by golly running right at that wall was what he wanted to do.

There is no plan B for this guy. He can't think far enough ahead to have it all carefully planned out. When they are ready for plan A, we're doomed.

3 special players have partially hidden that fact by making plan A work by sheer force of their will.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

• Wartdawg
  • Wartdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69712 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic 3 Special Players
We recruit special players to lead and coach the team while our head coach thinks his job description is save souls first, coach football second.

The sad thing is the head coach makes millions, the players nothing.

The Georgia Way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69713 by Buc
Now we get to see the Public Relations Department start their "All is well in Athens campaign". Take that to the nearest bank, money is waiting for those that believe the cover up is already underway.

Many will now hear and read copy that is generated by the AJC and other media outlets.

Eason is coming to "save the day".

IPF (Indoor Practice Facility) at a cost of 30 million dollars will be a featured headline.

Comes down to this for me. If I own or buy a 6 speed expensive automobile and can't shift gears . . . . what the hell have I accomplished? I can tell folks that I have this shiny new machine worth x number of dollars, however I cannot move it from the garage or driveway because I don't know how to shift gears. "Nice conversation piece".

Trying to say this . . . . We can't use halftime to "adjust", just how the hell are those that are in charge of coaching our team going to benefit from the Indoor Practice Facility? Pruitt said it will put us on an even keel with others in the SEC when recruiting. OK. Does no good to have the "talent/product" on campus in the garage or driveway if we can't shift gears.

In Knoxville yesterday, we did not shift gears again at halftime. Some protecting their jobs do not like for those of us outside the "arena" to question . . . . "reality".

EDIT: Bet this. When Pruitt was on the coaching staff in Tuscaloosa, his leader understood what could be changed at halftime. Appears to me that under our head coach, those he has hired have taken on his personality. Hurts to say that, but I know what I saw the last two games against "COMPETITION".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds