Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 5

8 years 6 months ago #69416 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game Day Friday # 5 was created by yankeedawg1
+++++ Special Bulldog Edition ++++++++

Good Day All,

Had a small dustup first part of the week when Imac was evolved with a police matter over a dispute with a female. To everyone’s relief no charges filed so matter was dropped by ACCP.

As posted here CMR has a good feeling that Imac will play Saturday..a very good thing…want all our players who can dress out

available…

Game Day Friday #5 ….. Tide comes calling….

Much like our recent pass history with the chickens we have found ways to lose to Bama in ways that defy logic……

Great amount of conversation can and will take place as to what our game plan should be…… I will leave that to the X & O guys

I am going to focus on the…..Coaches and players…..

First coaches….no question on CNS successes in college football however looking at the past two seasons we see some interesting changes….. no longer is it an automatic when the Tide recruits a player that mean a LOI is forth coming….. their playoff game with OSU saw players dancing on the sidelines early in the game….OC went away from ground game and it went downhill fast….. DC and his fearsome defense has shown some weakness…… however Bama is still a well coached team….just does not have the look of a dynasty any longer….

Our position coaches and their experience coaching with different teams and conferences (and the NFL) brings a collective pool of knowledge not found often in the college game…. And to that how well they work together….big plus…. CNS addressed this as a possible concern….they certainly know what we like to do…..

Players…. Prior to this game it would have been a question that most people would have laughed at….Bama heads and shoulders above anyone in college football…. Interesting enough we find the Dawgs have both a quality and a depth advantage at a majority of positions….

Even the heads have made comments about how rare this is….

ESPN made the statement we look more like Bama than they do…this year……

NC says he wants 100yds to put to rest he can do it against a quality “D”

Bring your rain suits…..rain heavy at times….no lighting on forecast

Nuts and Bolts….. we win…. Don’t wet the bed…. Chubb leads the way with 100yds plus….. another ghost removed from the past… Shotty calls a solid game plan…. CJP and the rest of our Bama gang will get the job done.

Back of the food truck……

Not much love for NC and the Heisman….. truly believe NC is about winning games and personal awards….. prototype WE guy…..

Been fun hearing the heads this week making excuses how the missed on how bad Assburn is….. Butch love in Knox Vegas is fading…..as is the goosies for Arkansas….. last April….how many would have picked KY beating the HBC and Mizzo????

Speaking of which what’s with their starting QB being suspended for team violations…. Weird……..

Time to show Bama what a ebb Tide is… let them ride it out of Sanford to the sound of the chapel bell….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69417 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 5
Thanks as always YD1 for the great post!

Shotty call's a balanced game then we should be okay. It's going to be a mean game in the trenches but in the end I think we beat them for the mere fact that we just have too many weapons on offense and our O line will out work their front 7. We will feel pleased by Sat evening...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69418 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 5
Glad to see you first up with a post sf21.

Means a lot whether we agree or disagree on "tactics" or "talking heads" or whatever.

There are two (2) very good football teams that will face off in Athens, between the Hedges on Saturday.

Speaking for myself, I am not someone that posts the BS that I see and read on so many sites, when it comes to Coach Nick Saban.

One thing that I "know". When I watch a video that Jeremy Pruitt is the main speaker, and he refers to Nick Saban as . . . . "Coach", not Coach Saban, "Coach". sf21 you know exactly what I am saying, as do others I would guess.

So much "garbage" . . . . especially from those that don't have a damn clue.

yankeedawg1, much that I read in your "BPS" . . . . will always be called by that name by this old fart. A real good "recall" of what has been said throughout the week and longer.

More to say later, the thread has many "openings".

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

Edit . . . . sf21, went back and read yd1's post in toto . . . .

Allow me this.

Win or lose, let the "players decide" the "outcome". That is not meant to be "ugly", it comes from someone that has played on both sides, win/lose, cheers or heartbreaks. Sometimes riding that bus back from games was a "beautiful thing", sometimes not a sound could be heard. Sometimes 40 or 50 miles seemed like 400 or 500 miles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69419 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 5
The rain can be an advantage for us up to a point.

Depends on just how much rain there is. Just the right amount and we have the advantage because our speed guys like Mitchell and Michel know the cut they want to make, but the defense doesn't.

Too much though... as in mud bog... and it will negate one of our advantages and make it a pig in slop game and 'Bama has some gap fillin' hogs.

I always believe in our team, but sometimes not some other things on our sidelines.

When you're a 'Bama fan you expect to win. You think your are the Road Runner in this cartoon.

When you're a UGA fan you feel like Wil E Coyote, hoping for the best but somewhere in the back of your mind you're always worried about that safe
falling on your head.

Go Dawgs.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 6 months ago #69420 by Buc
Wartdawg, just a damn good post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69421 by Buc
Article out this week, Mark Richt saying that the players need to do what they know. Good advice.

Now I would suggest to our head coach that he should apply the same message to himself. That is not ugly, it is something that I have watched and not sure that he has followed the advice he gives.

Want nothing more at this point than to win Saturday. A win could be the start of something really good for Georgia football.

Many or most of the young men in recent years that have given a reason for signing with Alabama has been . . . . They win championships. True Dat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds