Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68735 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning,

It was another good week in the Classic City. Rainy Wednesday sent the troops to the Falcon IPF. This will not end fast enough. CJP moved it from a dream to getting it done. Thank you….

This week’s Blue Plate Special….. HGDAQBNTB….LDOTS……WGOAS

How good does a quarterback need to be?

Several weeks ago I asked this question….name a bad QB’s who has won NC’s and SB

Think it was Thriller who came up with Buck Belue…..

Now…. I played with two NFL teams in my career … my career stats

Pass attempts: 2,507

Pass completions:1,240

Percentage :49.5

TD-Int’s: 100-93

QB Rating 69.4

I would not say that these numbers would get anyone’s attention

I did with my second team something many other higher rated QB has not…… I won a SB…..and was named MVP

Who am I ?????

Regardless who is named starter out of the three we will have a very good offense ….. freaky good…..

Lead Dog on the sled…..

Many words have been written and spoken about NC…..the vast majority have been very accurate.

This week more was said about his work ethic at practice…several players spoke to how NC never goes half speed…never shows being tired…he sets the bar and other follow…if NC can suck it up so can we…. Leadership…. Players..coaches… NC leads by example….the best kind…

He may speak softly but his teammates hear him really well… his class shows as he is the back who is pushing the other RB’s to get better and take PT away from him….he know this will make the team better…which is his goal……
Sidebar…. I have notice how many of the current group of players have voiced their pride in wearing the “G”…….. The list seems to be growing….love it…..

What’s going on at Sanford

Following link gives an overview as to what improvements have been completed this summer in time for our first home game

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081815aaa.html

It will be interesting to read what Mr. King has to say about the improvements ……

Two weeks to kickoff …..More tailgating practice this weekend

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68736 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
YD1, I won't spoil the surprise of your QB for anyone who wants to guess, but Plunkett and Namath's stats were much worse than his, and Plunkett won 2 super bowls and was MVP of one of them.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68737 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Great post yankeedawg thanks Chubb is ready!!!

Watch this Terry Goodwin one handed catch .

collegespun.com/sec/georgia-sec/video-ge...atch-during-practice

Growl hope all is well Duck hope your doing good.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68738 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wow! And just a freshman. Line him up with Mitchell, MacKenzie, and Blaze, and watch the opposing secondary tear their hair out.

We do have a talented O. That is why I think the most important characteristic of our QB needs to be the ability to comport himself as a winner, and to inspire that in his teammates. That intangible confidence will guide this team to victory. A QB without that quality can make highlight reel throws on a four-loss team.

Get a winner on the field. A leader. An inspiring guy. From the recliner, the looks like FB right now. I don't care if its either of the others, as long as they BRING IT on the field. Don't waste this team!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68739 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Sadlerdawg once you start digging surprising what you find. Seems that I remember both the Jets and Raiders had a hell of a run game for those SB teams...defense played big part also

Hmmm,,....might we follow that model??!

Rockdawg. True QB plays great game and

team....still takes a loss.....ass backwards

I hope you both have a great weekend

Thanks for the input. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, rockdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68740 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, first paragraph in the Blue Plate Special. Read it more than once, anyway picked this up . . . .

It was another good week in the Classic City. Rainy Wednesday sent the troops to the Falcon IPF. This will not end fast enough. CJP moved it from a dream to getting it done. Thank you….

After practice presser Mark Richt had this to say, some of it . . . . Believe he was sincere in the italicized statement he made.

“This was practice number 16, so we are definitely over the halfway mark,” head coach Mark Richt said. “It was nice not to have to travel today for practice, and it was nice and warm, but I thought the guys got better today. We talked about trying to determine what kind of habits we were going to create today. Football is a game of repetition, and you’re creating either good habits or poor habits. That’s what it comes down to, and I think for the most part we got better, so it was a good day.”

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds