Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago #68328 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Another week closer to Game Day. You can feel it walking around the campus……

This week’s BPS…..LHH….MTUWWAKA…..TRFYS

Leftover Hoover Hash…..

It was fun to see the Ole Ballsack tweaking CBJ and the Pumpkin People….. CSS made the statement they will know after the Georgia game what they can expect their season to look like. Just like we will.

CNS and the Tide got a few barbs from the OSU trolls singing here comes the Brides maid……ouch…

CNS as CSS spoke about no pecking order for the starting QB’s. Like us both will see what happens during fall camp.

Interesting that CSN stated it may be well into the season before a clear leader is declared.

CSS spoke about using two QB’s as he has down in the past looking to see who wants it the most.

CBJ looking again to take UT to the next level noting that they are still young but more experienced than last year.

Orange or Urange seems to be the trendy pick to win the East…..by the Media……

Unless Georgia learns not to stub their own toe….yada yada…..

Interesting enough the Hoover Heads pick us to win the east by a large margin…..

Loved Jordan Jenkins comment…..we need to go out and be professionals and get the job done that others believe we can do.

Wee peek at player leadership….

So after a week what have we learned??

Tide is picked to finish second with Assburn first…..and they also win the SECCG…….

Media tell us what we already know again….

Preseason Media Guide released and shows starting QB as BR……

Same guide show other glaring issues such as staring FB is not QH.

Media then notes that guide was printed several months ago….

CMR… then tweeted that the QB is still wide open and no plans to name starter before fall camp
and the opportunity to watch all parties during several game type scrimmages.

Back to where we were after the G-Game…. Only difference we swapped JP for GL…… Later in the week he speaks about GL game experience

More yada yada….

Several times I have posted that we can win in spite of CMR not because of him….. Carrying that a step further we can win whoever is named starter….. Yes Thriller…I understand how important a QB play is to a winning team…….. I am willing to bet that with a little effort several NC and SB winners could be named who did not have a “Star” at QB…..

Let the games play out one at a time…..no we won’t have a cake walk

But our talent will show…..

Thank you Russ for your service

We found out that Russ is retiring during this upcoming season.

Russ will be in collar for the Bama game…… fear the ear…..

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the four Marines killed in Chattanooga….

Living there for 28 years I know exactly where all this took place

The facility sits right next to the river walk which lines the banks of the TN river from the Chickamauga Dam to downtown.

Had the shooter wished this could have been a mass murder scene

Law enforcement moved swiftly to end this very quickly…..thank you..

We live in a crazy and twisted world

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68329 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
sadlerdawg, thriller, folks like myself cannot accept the apologies. Trying to be nice, but nice left me when the country gave up.

Away from that for this reason . . . . too many truly don't understand. I say that because I know and believe that.

yankeedawg1 said . . . .

Loved Jordan Jenkins comment…..we need to go out and be professionals and get the job done that others believe we can do. .

Jordan, your words make a lot of sense to me. I am and have been an "other" for a long time. Not a "hater" . . . . someone that sees the "entire" picture of Georgia Football.

Simple question. Give me one reason to believe that Mark Richt can and will move the Georgia Football Program off center. Said in another thread, just how many years does it take for the "sheeples" to understand that it is not about the "real" backers of UGA Football. We have been here for more years than MR has been alive. Truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sadlerdawg

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68330 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
YD1 Wrote:

.....Thoughts and prayers for the families of the four Marines killed in Chattanooga….

Law enforcement moved swiftly to end this very quickly…..thank you..]

AMEN!

Buc Wrote:

......folks like myself cannot accept the apologies. Trying to be nice, but nice left me when the country gave up...

Away from that for this reason . . . . too many truly don't understand. I say that because I know and believe that.

THIS forum has been apolitical since it was first created. Please try to remember that!

.....Back to my pre-season vacay!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 9 months ago #68331 by Buc
Once again found myself checking in on Bill King.

Several thoughts passed through my mind as I read his column, then checked the blog side and found some interesting reading.

Was not that long ago reading King's column one could find only "pro" conversation when discussing "Leadership?" in Athens.

Reading the posts to the article and seems the "fan wall" is beginning to crumble.

Will say this and then move on . . . . One of the questions asked yesterday to MR was . . . . "Do you read what different folks are saying about Georgia Football?" MR's answer . . . . Smiling and said never read or listen to what is "out there".

If you have not read the Bill King article listed below, might find some of the comments interesting. Also noticed that King tried to cover up some of what he said in the article, then joined the bloggers and did a couple of reversals.

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/

More
8 years 9 months ago #68332 by Buc
NC_Dawg understand that to be factual. Read all of the rules prior to joining a while back.

Sometimes points can be made and folks have different interpretations.

Thanks for the "reminder".

More
8 years 9 months ago #68333 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I'll always remember that this forum wouldn't be here if it weren't for a greater group!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds