Forum

Escaped NY Prisoners Hoping to Join College Football Team

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68299 by stevedawg
Law enforcement revealed today that captured prisoner David Sweat has spoken openly for the first time about the full extent of his plans with fellow escapee Richard Matt after they broke out of Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York last month.
The two prisoners had done their research and believed that Jimbo Fisher and Florida State football would be the best chance for the pair to live in the United States.

medium.com/sportspickle/officials-escape...ll-team-623c83979bd5

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 9 months ago #68300 by Buc
Appears that there will be no end in the near future for the FSU program.

This is the kind of "stuff" that was going on with the gators under you know who.

Poking fun at the program, seem to remember much of the same being said about our program.

Wonder if the new hires in Athens have had any effect on what appears to be better disciplined players?

I do know this . . . . Pruitt did not hesitate to release some players that thought they were privileged.

Not sure, think that Taylor still has problems with the law in Georgia.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68301 by thriller
I'm not sure why anyone would compare UGA with FSU. They are polar opposites, when it comes to criminal activity. One school not only tolerates it, they seem to tacitly promote it. The other school just gets rid of it, regardless of the talent of the perpetrator.

I don't really question either school though. I know where they both stand - one on the right side, one on the other side.

What I question is the schools where "allegedly" nothing happens. Yeah . . . right.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68302 by Buc
Interesting read . . . .

www.komu.com/news/mizzou-georgia-top-lis...ent-athlete-arrests/

Edit . . . . And this . . . .

“I’ve got this Bleacher Report app on my phone and anytime I see Florida State pop up, I take a deep breath and go ‘Okay, what is it this time?’ ” Nauta said. “I just hope guys can really realize that if you do something, especially like hitting a girl, you’re going to have consequences for you, and it’s not going end up good for you. I know they’ll figure it out real quick.”

Not real sure about "they'll figure it out real quick".
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 9 months ago #68303 by yankeedawg1
Buc. Yes Taylor still faces charges here in Athens

Been put on hold as we have a major trial underway

For an admitted cop killer Jamie Hood. Who is acting as his own attorney

Makes interesting reading with coffee each morning

Taylor's charges here are bit more complicated

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68304 by thriller
I saw that article a couple of years ago. It's not quite up to date - I think Abuurn and LSU have both obliterated UGA in those ranking since then. Vandy ain't looking so good right now either.

Heard a discussion on 680 The Fan yesterday about how much control a coach has over their players. The truth is - very little. They control the selection, and for a few hours each day they control where they are and what they are doing. After practice, these "young men" are legally just "men". You can't control them. If a kid wants to beat his girlfriend, like Sullivan did (allegedly), the coaches won't stop him. They can't. If another kid wants to drive around town in a car with a gun under the seat that has the serial number filed off, the coach can't stop him. If another wants to drive a jet ski around on a lake way south of Athens and tow a skier while he's intoxicated, there isn't a coach on earth who is going to prevent that.

To me it has a lot less to do with "how many" infractions a school has and WAY more to do with what they do about the infractions they get. UGA simply has a track record of zero tolerance, and they just get rid of even some of the most talented kids on the team. Abuurn and FSU and Florida have a proven track record of not just tolerance, but tacit approval. Alabama does too - that's why they took in Sullivan in the first place.

Some schools simply do not report anything. Some police forces are bigger fans of their teams than anyone on this board, and so those schools look squeaky clean. But not one of them is fooling me.

These have not been updated as of July, so there has been a little movement, but thankfully not from UGA:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fEneR_no..._Umhhsg5s/edit#gid=1

Edit: Don't have a CLUE why I keep referring to Jonathan Sullivan, when I meant Taylor. Obviously Sullivan is not the guy about to get "due process".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds