Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68197 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Have fun and celebrate our great nation's birthday tomorrow.
Its been a long haul for my kin. American Revolution, WW1 and WW2. My dad was down the side of the mountain when this flag was raised. He was blowing up caves with the enemy hidden in them. Flame throwers and satchel charges. Every day I thank God for freedom in the good old USA.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #68198 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Thanks Steve for your Dad and many more who

answered the call. Blessed.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68199 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Trying to keep an eye on what other conferences are doing.

USC and UCLA are definitely back in the college football playoff picture along with Oregon.

Do I believe that we will see more than one team from the SEC in the Final Four. No. It is not rigged, amounts to those outside of the SEC getting their games in order.

College football has changed and changed quickly. Those that want to participate have to step their game up. When I say change quickly, for older folks two or three years amounts to “quickly”.

Going to be interesting watching Franklin, meyer, Harbaugh and Dantonio.

Head coaches in the Southeast had better get their acts together, like never before. Trouble is just around the corner. Right now we hear young players saying that they want to play in the SEC. Seems strange to me, not . . . . that many of the young men are taking those flights to the West Coast.

Most or many of the head coaches mentioned above have their sights set on one thing, making it to the Final Four.

Understandable to me that Saban and others in the Southeast did not like the invasion from the “North”. We need to face it, D1 Football is not going to be the SEC winning 7 straight National Championships again. That in my opinion will never happen again. Never say never, right . . . .

I believe that we (UGA) have had out chances in the years since 2001. Just did not happen. Did the change in the coaches hired make a difference, speaking about the coaches in Athens now . . . . I truly believe it “upped” our game.

Still going with Wart . . . . No Excuses. We (UGA) sit in a “hot bed” of high school talent, but I hope that some understand this . . . . Florida is coming. We can put our heads in the sand, but I believe we are seeing the “second coming” maybe the “third coming” of a head coach that will bother us, big time. First time, Spurrier, second time, meyer, now McElwain. Do not like what I see from the State of Florida and what I see going on with the new hire. Florida is loaded with D1 football players, they are listening to McElwain.

Thinking out loud again.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68200 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I think out loud that you are correct sir.
"College football has changed and changed quickly. Those that want to participate have to step their game up."
Quickly needs to be 'next year' according to anonymous sources.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68201 by Buc
stevedawg, really like the side bar you added in the new setup. Saves a lot of my time wandering around looking for "football happiness".

One article in particular that I enjoyed this morning (4th of July) is . . . .

georgia.247sports.com/Article/Georgia-Bu...g-into-July-38044102

Good job.

Another article that I enjoyed reading . . . .

Might be some have read this, if not . . . .

Falls into that "coaching" category . . . . successful coaching.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-footba...-brought-tom-herman/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68202 by Buc
Reading the article below, many or some of us follow SEC recruiting closely. Maybe closer than some think.

First story and interview that I read and watched a couple of weeks back, or so . . . . Whether we believe that there was "outside interference" from an agent or whomever, will say this.

Stepfather went upside Tunsil's mothers head. Bad ass, eh . . . .

Tunsil kicked the living spit out of his stepfather, I say good on Tunsil.

The other stuff mentioned in the article, could take the NCAA years to come to a conclusion, even when all of the "evidence" is presented.

Tunsil whipping ass has nothing to do in my mind with football, has to do with a low life piece of spit getting what he deserved. Again, good on you Tunsil for "things" that "need" to be taken care of . . . . swiftly.

www.gloryuga.com/?p=335

cbs report says Tunsil's Mom shoved, there have been other reports of earlier "stuff".

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on...-punching-stepfather

Good on Freeze for this comment . . . .

"Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently, but I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds