Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 weeks ago #67196 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Again the best news was about KM this time he was back in a red jersey and running plays at Tuesdays practice.

He may take a smaller role in the G-Game while working his way back.

Error on the side of caution with it being spring. Get healthy…..

This week’s Blue Plate Special: GG5….. CK5… AGS….

G-Game 2015…
As I posted early this spring practice has had the feel of a NFL mini-camp.

More about looking at the depth of non-starters rather than completely focusing on the starters.

I expect the same for the G-Game….plenty of opportunity to see who is doing the work.

Let me add here that the summer workouts this year will take on a new look also.

This is the second year that coaches are allowed to interact with the players for eight hours per week.

More time for our new S & C coach to mold bodies for the upcoming season. Like it !!!

Unless there is an unknown hiccup looks like IW will stay at center.

Another good call Buc.. young man is on as mission to be the best he can be. Good on him…..great for our team….

Coach K win his 5th National Title

This is from a Bleacher Report article:

“Entering the season, the one knock on Krzyzewski during his 40-year head coaching career was his stubbornness, his insistence on doing things one way—his way—even though the landscape was evolving around him.

In so many ways, that changed in 2015”.

There are a couple of obvious points that can be related to our head football coach.

Stubborness- yup

Doing it his way –double yup

Landscape has changed and the game has passed him by…
yup-yup and yup…….

Changed in 2015 …Coack K did

The jury is still out for CMR on this point

Many have already made a case that he has not….

CMR has been on the job 15 years…. Coach K… 40 years
I hope to hell we don’t have to wait another 25 years for CMR to get the message….. On change…...

There is good debate going on who is the best HC in college sports…..

Coach K or CNS

Amazing what he did with freshman….hell of a job coaching them up.

Congratulations on # 5….

Augusta- (AGS)

With the Masters this week it got me to thinking of all the beautiful
venues that host major sporting events.

Here of some of my favorites :

Churchill Downs- “The Derby”

Brickyard…. Indianapolis “500”

Pasadena and the “Rose Bowl”

Sanford Stadium with the fall foliage at its peak

And …..Augusta National ….during the Masters

Please add your favorites to the list……

Again DWS… so sorry…….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend..enjoy the football teaser and the golf….

and a safe week… As always…”Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67197 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Several of the members on this board have been around Georgia football for a while.

Unless someone at this point can change my mind, I am sold on the new "GROUP" attitude that entered the City Limits of the Classic City.

Player and coach speak is different from any season I can recall. Appears there is finally some "structure" being applied to the "words" that every year around this time bring on the chants of greatness.

yankeedawg1, I too am glad to see Marshall appearing to be healing. Like you, I believe that he is hell bent to have a great 2015. This is it for Marshall. Would still love to see him lined up in the slot, makes the entire team better by him simply lining up in the slot, and above all, he has great hands. Heart has never been a problem.

See where A. J. Turman has the attention of the coaches and media. Downhill runner, with speed. Contact he has no problem with. Not unlike Marshall, Turman has had a tough go since arriving in Athens. Hung in there, now we get to see this young man from Orlando, Florida show why he was offered a scholarship. Between the tackles, loves contact. This two deep offensive line has a chance to be one of the best ever in Georgia history.

Not going into the Faton Bauta thingy just yet, that will take care of itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67198 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Thanks yankeedawg I guess Georgia will be happy Saturday she will get her some treats. ;)

Buc my friend no Kool aid drinking here but sir I agree with what u said. :)

Thank you all for your prayers an kind words.

Go Dawgs!!!! For my father.

When they handed my Mama that flag today when the funeral was over that's what people should honor an give thanks for.

Wlayton are you Ok?

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67200 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Hard sell for me. Been there done that. Show me on the field in Atlanta that this team and coaching staff have arrived.

DWS sorry for your loss. Know all about the Flag and taps being played.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67201 by Buc
ogredawg, think watching the sideline coaching might give some answers in 2015. Seems to me that too many players and recent coaching hires will not allow some of the same "stuff" that went on before their arrival.

One thing for sure . . . . If the defense continues to progress, does not leave much doubt as to the "right direction" moving forward.

Same can and will be said about the offense. Thomas Brown, totally familiar with him and his work ethic. Watching some film on Rob Sales, little doubt that he is a gamer. Both have already shown that motivated coaches make great recruiters and . . . . teachers.

Don't know about Schottenheimer at this point. Will build a "book" on him when the 2015 Season starts. Even in the lesser games prior to the heavy hitters, tendencies begin to arise. Not down on Schottenheimer, just can't get up on him at this point. As mentioned many times . . . . has to be a "joint effort".

I also do not try and fool myself or anyone else, there are a lot of good players throughout the SEC, in my mind, still comes down to "proven" leadership. That has been missing too often. Cannot give games away on the sideline.

Not telling you folks anything, speak only for myself.

Edit: Cannot deny that I am all about Georgia Football. Like you DWS, have been to the Kool-Aid factory more than once. Twice since our head coach has been here, have tried to be a partner with him. Just has not worked out for me. The let downs that I have felt with what I have watched over the years does not allow me to be true to myself.

It would be very easy for me to stop mentioning my displeasure with the "Richt way", especially since the 2007 Season. Here is where I think I fit in . . . . been with this program longer, much longer than our head coach. I believe in the first few years Richt reached the top end of his coaching skills. I am still the same person that believes in solid defense and a great offensive line. Seems my prayers have been answered, just one or two more and I will be in fighting trim.

The easy way out is to continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Many do, and that is to be expected this time of the year. Media has "informed" us of how good we are. Same media will be waiting for the fall so they can crawl all over what coulda, shoulda, woulda.

New coaching blood in most cases inspires not only the players, fans also. What that means to me is this . . . . It was time for "change". Georgia football had become "stale" and that did not improve with the "stuff" that happened prior to the Belk Bowl. Not going into detail, most here know that turn of events.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67203 by Buc
Watching Kolton Houston on the video below answers a lot of questions that I have had and reading many posts, same can be said there.

Going into the G-Day Game tomorrow, Kolton makes it clear that we will continue to run the same offense we did prior to Schottenheimer's arrival. From where I sit, that is an excellent move. If it ain't broke, don't fix or tinker with it. The "tinkering" will be decided by the players. Different skill sets require some change.

Still appears that the big question "could" be . . . . who will be under center when the 2015 Season starts. Lots of fans and opposing teams will follow that closely. We have some different skills among the three quarterbacks vying for the job in 2015. If the competition is truly open, over the Summer and into Fall practice, competition will be a very good thing. No handouts or freebies, true competition based on again . . . . Leadership and Talent.

Looks as if the center position is going to be in good hands. Believe that Rob Sales is all about business, appears to be a good get.

Edit: Folks allow me this. Don't know who watched this video when it came out in 2014, but if you have seen the video maybe take another look. Reason that I bring this back . . . . it emphasizes "Leadership and Team play". DWS your Father went through some of this. College football and Military training are very similar.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds