Forum

Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide

9 years 1 month ago #67089 by Buc
Have read differing views on our win and loss predictions for 2015.

Seems to me, looking at the 2015 Schedule below, not sure we have "ever" had a more inviting season lineup to produce some serious results.

Most sites that I read outside of ours seem to think all we need is a quarterback and a center to finish with at most, two losses.

Two losses with the 2015 Schedule will not get us into the Final Four, my opinion, especially after looking over the teams we are playing. I don't see a schedule strength wise that allows us to reach the Final Four with two losses.

There are some that believe we could lose as many as four games this season. If that happens, any thoughts as to why we should think in those terms?

Interesting to me would be posts pointing out which teams stand a solid chance of winning against Georgia.

ULM Warhawks -- Athens
Vanderbilt Commodores -- Nashville
South Carolina Gamecocks -- Athens
Southern Jaguars -- Athens
Alabama Crimson Tide -- Athens
Tennessee Volunteers -- Knoxville
Missouri Tigers -- Athens

Oct. 24 --- Open Date

Florida Gators -- Jacksonville
Kentucky Wildcats -- Athens
Auburn Tigers -- Auburn
Georgia Southern Eagles -- Athens
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -- Atlanta

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67090 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide
Buc this is off of the subject but Bad news got this from the Ledger Enquirer:

"Georgia tailback Sony Michel has re-injured his collarbone and will miss the rest of spring practice, according to multiple sources. The team is expected to confirm the news soon.

Michel, who missed five games last year with the injury, was out of uniform during Thursday's practice, watching the running backs. He spent a few minutes talking with Herschel Walker, who is hanging around his former program this week.

The collarbone should heal in time for Michel to participate in summer workouts, or in time for preseason practice at the latest. He was out six weeks, including a bye week, with the injury last season.

Michel had 410 rushing yards and five touchdowns in eight games last season, also catching seven passes, one for a touchdown."

Read more here: www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/03/26/36384...f.html#storylink=cpy

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, swampdawg, yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67091 by Buc
DWS, that is bad news. Hate it!

Read where AJ Turman is back to good health. Watched him in high school. Maybe he finally gets it all together and others can enjoy the talent that he will bring to the field.

Sony is a tough young man. Some of the talking heads were saying prior to him moving to Athens that he was an outside runner, did not like running between the tackles. Not true.

Would love to see Marshall line up in the slot "often". Realize that McKenzie will be doing that on occasion. Lots of fire power on the offense.

Thanks for the information. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67092 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide
Hate it for SM.... but he has summer and fall camp to get ready. One door closes another opens.... KM....or..... AJ....

talk about that quality depth thingy...

Go Dawgs !!!

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 1 month ago #67097 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Wins and Losses in 2015 . . . . You Decide
Buc . . . GREAT thread - thanks!

Here is something from my "I'm-going-to-read-too-much-into-what-someone-is-saying" file, on comments made by Jacob Park:

On how spring practice is going so far …

“Great, having a lot of fun out there with (Brian) Schottenheimer. It’s a little less stressful on the field. We’re just enjoying it, getting better every day. There’s not as many rules. There’s not as many checks, picking up blitzes and things like that. It’s more playing ball than the actual concepts.”

On differences between Mike Bobo and Schottenheimer …

“It’s hard to tell. Coach Bobo had been here so long, his offense had been in, everybody knew it. Schottenheimer just got here, so he’s kind of teaching everybody the same offense from the ground up. So it’s keeping it a little simpler at the beginning. So as far as their coaching styles, I can’t really tell right now at practice. I like Bobo, I like how he gets after it. And I like how Coach Schottenheimer coaches. I like how he stays calm.

I like intensity in competitive situations, not "relaxation". But that's probably just me.

Anyway, here are my worthless thoughts for this year:

ULM - win, or we are so bad we will become badminton fans.
Vanderbilt - ditto - yes, I know they can rise up on you, but I stand behind badminton on this one.
South Carolina - based on what I've seen from last year and what I've heard about their current program - win or watch badminton.
Southern - oh, please.

Any of the above games can/will be losses if we don't have a physically gifted (not an issue) and INTELLIGENT (holding my judgement) QB at the helm.

Now the meat:

Alabama - even if we are awesome at all positions, this is a toss up - outcome possibly based on the funny shape of the ball. If our QB hasn't got his head on straight by now - forget 2015.

Tennessee - we will NOT continue to beat this team by simply showing up, in any stadium. This is a game that scares me. I'm thinking "win" but fearing "loss". I say "win".

Missouri - so far the away team is undefeated in this one - I think we break the trend, but there is still that "QB Thingy".

We have never yet lost to "Open Date". I hope that continues - but that "QB Thingy" - oh, shut up, thriller.

Florida - I thought there was no way we could lose last year. I know better than that. But I STILL say "win".

Kentucky - this ain't their sport. Win.

Abuurn - "QB Thingy" - but my hopeful side still thinks wishfully. "Win". Please.

Ga. Southern - my bosses daughter goes there - PLEASE win!

Bugs - this is going to be a BLOW OUT WIN for the Dawgs, just 'CAUSE!

There's my quick, worthless thoughts.

GREAT thread, Buc!

More
9 years 1 month ago #67098 by Buc
thriller, past years you were the one that started a thread like this one. Was not sure if you were going to this season, maybe I jumped too soon.

Can't really disagree with anything in your post about the 2015 win/loss observation.

Alabama coming to Athens . . . . this could be a game to be remembered, and I hope for the "right reason". Remember well the "Bear" coming to Athens and leaving in a "nasty mood". That game alone sealed VD's future for years to come. Fact.

Have hesitated, but going to bring it now.

The gators have hired a head coach that has the Sunshine State doing back flips. Included in those back flips are the many talented players that would never have signed on with Muschamp. Another Fact.

Difference between Tennessee and Florida . . . . Sunshine State is "loaded" with football players that want to play in the SEC. Florida has the capabilities under the right "leadership" to turn their program around quicker than most. Scary. Remember urban meyer? McElwain is one hell of a speaker and recruiter. Jimbo Fisher now has competition facing him . . . . McElwain. Fact. Living here, I have a pretty good group that I am associated with, have not seen them this excited since . . . .

Spurrier says he will be calling the plays for the Gamecocks this season. That is a reason for concern. Never quite sure what he will do in certain situations that call for "certain calls". Tells me that Spurrier does have his butt in a crack in Columbia. He is not unlike a talented quarterback, much like AM was in college. He will put the offense on his shoulders and make sure they score points. He knows that he has serious problems defensively. Now has co-coordinators on the defensive side of the ball. There is a "recruiting" story there.

Gus Malzahn's bag of tricks will not pass the smell test in 2015. Hired Muschamp, that was nothing more than laying the blame of losing in 2014 on "the defense". The hot subject on the Plains is they have injured players returning that could have made a huge difference last season. Was that a good reason to release Ellis Johnson? Ellis Johnson left Spurrier and we see what happened in Columbia. From where I sit, Gus Malzahn is all about Gus. While he covered his tracks with the hiring of Muschamp, there is a group of Alabama folks coaching in Athens that would actually rather beat Auburn than Florida . . . . think about that.

So to me it comes down to not making bone headed mistakes at critical times in games. Two bone headed losses in 2015, game over.

Good read thriller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds