Forum

College Football Playoff Ideas

9 years 1 month ago #67086 by scooby
College Football Playoff Ideas was created by scooby
The basketball post season is just a lot more exciting and interesting than football. Id like to see the college football playoffs expanded to 20 teams. They would have to stop having the conference championship games to have enough time. The top 12 teams would get a bye the first round. The bottom 8 seeds would play for four spots. Then these 16 would play for 8 spots around the 2nd week in December. Three rounds the first three weekends of the new year.

Its better with 4 teams than it used to be with 2 for sure. Im sure the bowl guys would not be thrilled with this idea, but they could work it out. There would be 19 playoff games and these would be the bowls games. For fans it would be great. The way it is now everybody just throws a hissy if their team looses a few games early. I think expanding to 20 would keep a lot of folks interested a lot longer.

Could also do 12 like the nfl.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67087 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
I've always thought they should just make 8 conferences with 14 teams each, 2 divisions. Division winners play for the championship, conference winners go to the playoffs. No beauty pageants, no style points, no whining....win your conference and get in....period

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
8 years 4 months ago #72027 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
Thought I would bump this one back up. I think it would generate a lot of excitement. No more conf champ games. Top four seeds get a bye, bottom eight play the weekend the conf champ games are now. Then eight, kind of like nfl. Just thinking...

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 4 months ago #72029 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
IMO the biggest problem with the current system is the month delay.

Also, don't really want to see NCAAFB imitate the NFL.

Finally, NCAABB may have the better post-season, but they've beaten all the meaning out of their regular season.

4 teams, start two weeks after the Conference Championship games.

No idea what to do with the bowl games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

More
8 years 4 months ago #72036 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
Amen DFD...

We may stand alone but "more like the NFL" doesn't interest me at all.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl, scooby

More
8 years 4 months ago #72041 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic College Football Playoff Ideas
High School brackets have 32 teams, so the final two teams play five games. Twelve just seems like a good number and would keep the regular season important. They could make the bowl games the playoff games. There would be 11 games in the tourney, the other bowls could still exist. Or maybe another tourney like the NIT used to be for the ones not in the top twelve. Look at the top twelve teams in the final ranking and you can see what the games would be.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds