Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 1 month ago #67040 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Football is back in Athens for a cameo before summer sets in. Yea!!!

This week’s Blue Plate Special- ALJT- NFDSC- DHGD

Coach Andy Landers and Coach Joe “T”

Coach Landers as been here in Athens coaching for the last century.

Well maybe not that long. Thanks for your commitment to our Lady Dogs program and tireless dedication.

Munson said if you ever took a picture of a class coach and person it would look like Andy. Nuff said. Enjoy your retirement.

Coach JT has been around almost as long…. He has worn many hats working in our football program. With each assignment he put the team’s welfare first. Players listen when he speaks because he speaks from the strongest place…personal experience. I am glad he still is around to mentor our pups…. Truly he is a voice that reflects an unquestionable love for Georgia football. Thanks CJT…”Father Joe”

New faces-different style in coaching…. for now…

Tuesday’s practice found our new OC watching his charges and observing every move. Unlike CMB he was not yelling and screaming.

NC commented just different coaching styles ..but he added it won’t be long before CBS finds his voice…

CBmac was working the WR and MM didn’t run a rep they way CBmac wanted. Had him do it over…. Coach lets nothing slide…a very good thing

CRS…. Was like CBS watching and not yelling like CWF.. JT said the same as NC…. You know it’s coming ….get ready CRS is not a shy person

CTBrown had NC working on drills… on the 3rd team….. teaching has begun anew…

Saturday in pads… looks like temps will be 70 plus…

Dog Men’s Hoops going to the Dance….

It has been awhile since we have gone to the MM party… wishing Coach Fox and his players the best of luck… Go Dawgs beat MSU.

How about Georgia State beating Baylor…that blew up a few bracket selections…ya think…..

Sidebar…. Good discussion this week about a topic that has been visited many time… leadership..

The best recent example imo was CJP… he knew coming in that the backside of our defense was horrible…wtf was not going to continue…

He made our DB’s his personal responsibility….. and… he took a very young no name few star group( DS was the veteran) and made a respectable unit.

Leadership by example…. And after weeding the garden of “Me” players this group listened and followed…..it did not take the rest of the “D” to fall in step with the “WE” program.

Feast of hoops this weekend… enjoy

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week.

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67041 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yankeedawg good read very true from what i've seen strength and conditioning is working Sony and a few more look ripped.

enjoy the weekend.

Sadler nice riding weather here hope you have some.

Growl hope all is well with the family.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, seems the players on the defensive side got the message from the coaches last season.

All we can go by is what we hear, whether from friends or the media.

Listened to Jordan Jenkins' speaking on video and he praised Lorenzo Carter, in the article below see where Coach Sherrer says the same. Makes me believe that there are a lot of "eyes" on Lorenzo, usually a "reason" for that.

georgia.scout.com/story/1529337-lorenzo-carter-on-the-record

Tereshinski gave Georgia everything he had to give. Truly believe that newer methods of training forced JT out. No shame there, all any of us can do is give it the best we have and embrace what we don't know.

Have to say this. Maybe the "Top" recognized that he did not have all of the answers, finally listened to some coaches that have seen their methods produce results elsewhere.

Not going to venture too far away from the Indoor Practice Facility and some meaningful statement coming from McGarity. Players back in pads and some fans soon forget the importance of "other things".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 month ago #67048 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc starting to see a lot of talk about indoor practice facility were getting a little closer.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #67049 by Buc
DWS no doubt that we will get a IPF, sometimes those in charge would much rather we move on to other "stuff". Out of site, out of mind. Watched that happen too often with Georgia football.

For Coach Pruitt to come out publicly and speak as he did, that was not to put on a show. Coach Pruitt is working his ass off to improve Georgia football. Not sitting in an office and playing with numbers/dollars. Pruitt is playing with different numbers, referred to as players.

This is pure speculation on my part. Much was said about the "riff" between Richt/McGarity. Believe it was more than Mike Bobo not being offered more, although that probably did come into play the way it eventually played out. Richt knows that Pruitt has his "football head" screwed on. Pruitt speaks when it is necessary to speak. Pruitt is not lacking in motivation know how. I believe he has the head coach motivated, and from where I sit, about damn time. No IPF on the agenda, Coach Pruitt fulfills his contract and he has his choice as to what he wants to do.

Head coach had a choice between Pruitt and McGarity. Fork in the road, Richt made the right choice, based on the history of our football program. I will shed no tears when and if McGarity hits the road. Thought McGarity was going to be a needed boost as athletic director, also thought that grantham was the answer to our defense in Athens. Silly me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #67051 by Buc

Might be that some of you folks have not seen this little reminder of Coach Butts. DawgDoc you were there, you know. ;)

Plucked this from the internet, feel it is worth passing on. Mentioned before that my high school coach played for Butts in the early 1940's. Coach Butts was not reluctant to express his feelings, sometimes it became physical. Notice that Coach Butts is talking about preparing for Alabama, way back then.

One of the reasons that I am high on our defensive coaches, they have the same attitude and work ethic. Effort through "Leadership" is all that can be asked for.

Also keep this in mind, speaking for myself of course. We have Alabama between the Hedges in 2015. I remember well the last time Alabama came to town, bet most here do also.

Another thought about Alabama. While we have had many good recruiting years under Richt, is appreciated. Those years don't come close to what Saban has accomplished in his stay at Alabama. That can only be attributed to one factor in my mind . . . . the Leader. I don't put a total amount of believability in the ***** system, much of that is to keep the media on the payroll.

My hope is that we have assembled "much" of the right coaching group on both sides of the ball to get out of what I believe to be a "huge slump". Do believe that the light has gone on for our head coach. What I think I see in Athens is much different than what I have noticed since the last National Championship. That includes more than Mark Richt . . . . for damn sure.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, swampdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl, gregdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds