Forum

SOW-05 National Signing Day

9 years 2 months ago #66642 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SOW-05 National Signing Day
Had to look around sflanagan21, did find where Terry Godwin will play in Athens.

You understand I believe how much this means to the 2015 Class. Stop there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66643 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic SOW-05 National Signing Day
Buc, I was very fortunate to be able to watch Chubb play at Cedeartown and everyone could see early on how special Chubb was. I have also been blessed to be able to watch Godwin play at Callaway and this kid is a "FREAK"! He will make an immediate impact from day 1...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66644 by sflanagan21
PS- Slayton was scared of the comp... Godwin is a BIG TIME PLAYER!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66645 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic SOW-05 National Signing Day
Sflanagan I felt the same way about Slayton but goodwin will be playing in the first game IMO.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66646 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SOW-05 National Signing Day
Really like the fact that Malcolm Mitchell returns, Shakenneth Williams who I believe is another Conley/Bennett and the addition of Godwin.

Leaves me with this . . . . Believe you said that Jacob Park has "it". I tend to believe. At this point you are much closer to the quarterbacks in the college circuit than most that are not coaching football.

Think I remember you saying that you like Schottenheimer. There is no doubt that he would be in Athens, or St. Louis or any of the previous stops had not he had something going for him. Personally not sure yet.

sflanagan21, really hope that coaches on both sides of the ball can and will be allowed to step up.

Good to see you posting on this board again.

Damn sure love seeing Godwin committing and "remaining true". You coaching high school football understand what these young men are going through.

Say again, Terry Godwin was a huge get for our program. I look at his videos often . . . . cannot be covered . . . . Schottenheimer should love having Godwin in the "pattern". :)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66647 by sflanagan21
I can go on and on about what Shoty has to work with but you all know that. Only time will tell what will happen at the QB position but we all know for a fact that it will be earned this year and the cream will rise to the top. I do lean towards Park because of how well rounded and athletic he is. I think Ramsey still has a ways to go in reading coverage but he is a smart kid. I like Park for a bunch of reasons and I think Shoty has a freak of an athlete to work with in him.

We have been on the verge the past 3 seasons and unfortunately lady luck hasn't been on our side with the injuries, suspensions, stupid calls, etc.. (ya'll know what I'm talking about) But I feel very good about the Shoty hire. Change is good thing and this change maybe the answer. Yes I like to keep it positive and yes I go into every year thinking we have a shot at winning it all, what athlete doesn't? We will see I guess...
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds