Forum

With a new OC? Who's QB?

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65822 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic With a new OC?
Whether or not Harbaugh takes the offer from Michigan, the point I will try to make is this . . . . Michigan has offered Harbaugh 48 million dollars to return to his Alma Mater. Whether we agree or disagree with the numbers, truthfully it is not about the numbers. It is about a college football team that has lost its way, and will at this point do what is necessary to return to a respected spot.

There was a time that I felt we were at least trying to keep up with others, but over many years have watched the decline, a short promise of returning to winning was felt early on under this head coach, but all we have to do now is take a serious look at what is taking place and there is not much room for doubt, heading in the direction of others that made the same mistakes. History can be and should be a great teacher.

What were the mistakes at Michigan? One primary problem was with coaching. Thus the offer to Harbaugh. Take that a step further. Alabama rocking along, not doing anything earth shattering, what did they do . . . . Hired Nick Saban. Game changed in Tuscaloosa, then Texas comes calling. Texas said the numbers can be written in if you take the job. What did those in Tuscaloosa say, we know that Texas did offer top dollar but . . . . the check book in Tuscaloosa allows the same amount of zeroes, or more.

This is truthfully about a certain comfort zone that has existed in Athens for much too long. As Wartdawg points out below . . . .

I mean let us be honest here... between Scrooge McDuck and Goober (he was the dumber of the Pyle cousins), there are so many possible ways to take the wrong turn at this crucial crossroad. It's clutch-time folks, and we don't fare well there.

deadspin.com/reports-jim-harbaugh-will-t...higan-hea-1675805827

Edit: www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/...de-bath-and-a-smile/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65823 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic With a new OC?
It is early yet, but it is being reported that Smith is finished as head coach in Atlanta.

Feel sure that Blank took a hard look at the last two seasons, and the new stadium that will be the home place for the Falcons.

Falcons/Dawgs coaching in my mind had paralleled each other for some time. Offensive line and other areas. Main one being both of these coaches are referred to as "nice guys". Both coaches are friends.

Blank is making a move that he knows has to be made, the Falcon faithful are going to be heard.

The Group that controls UGA football will not release either the Head Coach or the Athletic Director. As yet, they have not learned a lesson.

Mark Richt in Charlotte already talking about the quarterback battle in 2015. He refers to Ramsey and Park with Eason arriving in 2016, guess that is that.

Also see where the Public Relations group is out with a video of Richt and his NASCAR ride in Charlotte. Video eases into Georgia football talk. Classic piece of PR work, soften those hearts with video that shows our head coach took a ride. Wishing here he would get the same ride that Smith of the Falcons will get today . . . . out of town. I said that.

Football talk starts around the 2:20 mark. Did notice that Richt's son was not mentioned. Careful editing, they read what is posted on the internet. Fact.

georgia.scout.com/story/1496283-hd-video...-coaching-transition
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago #65824 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic With a new OC?
I seen where Georgia is favored over towel team then the writer said well Georgia is known not to show up when favored Damn the truth hurts!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #65836 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic With a new OC?
There will be a QB battle next year and don't be surprised to see Park win the job. He reminds me a lot of Murray as far as his passion and drive goes. He has a very live arm and the legs to extend the play. I really like Ramsey's arm but I'm still not sold on him yet. FB is a stud but he will never be giving a fair shake at UGA, I still think he transfers but then again maybe he won't. If Park wins the starting job and I believe he will look for Ramsey to transfer and I wouldn't be surprised if it's to Bama or Auburn. If Ramsey gets the starting job then I would think Park transfers to SC. If Eason stays committed then there is no way we keep both Ramsey and Park as they are both too good to stick around.

I personally like what Park brings to the table, he is a pocket passer but can extend the play with his wheels and he is not afraid to get hit. Very, very athletic!

Just my opinion...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, swampdawg, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #65838 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic With a new OC?
We had another QB with wheels to extend plays and who wasn't afraid to get hit.

His name was Aaron Murray and our coaches put leg chains on him.

Just my opinion.../

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago #65840 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic With a new OC?

Wartdawg wrote: We had another QB with wheels to extend plays and who wasn't afraid to get hit.

His name was Aaron Murray and our coaches put leg chains on him.

Just my opinion.../

I was just thinking the same thing. Evidently DJ made the offense not resemble a richt run pro set offense too much that richt doesn't allow wheels on qb's any more.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds