Forum

Florida Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #64084 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Florida Game Day Thread
I should know better than this, but:

Florida wins the toss, defers.
UGA starts with a poor/ill advised kickoff return. Three and out.
UF drives from good field position for an easy TD.
UGA moves it a little, punts again.
UF moves with a little more difficulty, but gets 3.
UGA puts together a drive and gets a FG. (UF 10 UGA 3)
Back and forth. Florida scores on a blown coverage.

Before half UGA finally puts together a drive. Halftime, UF 17 UGA 10.

UF gets a good kick return. Starts to look like a drive, but stalls.
UGA sustains a long, punishing drive. 17-17.
UF finally commits a turnover, but on our side of the 50.
UGA O-Line takes over the game. Long, brutal, harsh, debilitating drive. UGA 24-UF 17.
UF goes 3 and out as the D starts getting into the momentum and UF starts to get desperate.
UGA hits a quick, electric pass to MM. UGA 31 UF 17.
UF can't do anything until too late in the game, finally gets a cheap TD in garbage time. UGA 31 UF 24.
UGA fails to cover, as usual, but the end is what we needed - just win, baby.

We are already in the playoffs. Single elimination. Win and go forward. Lose and go home.

Failure is NOT an option!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #64085 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Florida Game Day Thread
I really think this is going to be an easy win for the Dawgs. gaytors have nothing on offense and our D has improved and grown up over the last 2 games

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #64086 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Florida Game Day Thread
Another windy day, need to be sure handed on the punts. Football can do some crazy things in the wind. Catch then run. These players know that, sometimes the emotions run "especially high". Over the years have witnessed some colossal miscues on Special Teams. One more thing . . . . really like the way our Special Teams are playing.

ogredawg, like you, I am impressed with the improvement our defense has made. Pruitt meant it when he said . . . . we score 30 or so points, not supposed to lose. That was and has been the "missing attitude" in Athens for too many years. Defensive coaches that are "defensive".

growl said the above earlier, my bad.

High winds could make this one to exciting. Careful with the ball HM. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago #64087 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Florida Game Day Thread
A very special football player for the gators. Yes, he is all that. Emotions as has been said, running high. All the chatter about gator fans and Muschamp, seat is not hot, it is on fire. When Georgia wins today, Jeremy Foley will probably release Muschamp.

www.gainesville.com/article/20141101/articles/141039884
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #64088 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Florida Game Day Thread

Buc wrote: Here is the weather forecast for JAX.

www.weather.com/weather/today/Jacksonville+FL+USFL0228

I'll give you the real forecast after going out this morning to get the paper.

VERY windy and pretty chilly....will only get colder especially in the 2nd half. Both teams are going to have trouble throwing the ball, right now we are getting wind gusts 30-40 mph. Hopefully this wind has come into Jax earlier than the weather forecasters thought and it will die down some before 3:30 kickoff.

Beautiful day but the wind may cause problems....imo, the good news is HM is better at the controlled shorter throws anyway so may not affect him too much. I'm more worried about catching punts in this wind....will be tricky....when in doubt, leave the ball alone.

Believe our guys will adapt to the cold better than UF but the wind will create problems unless it comes through Jax early and leaves.

Edit: Buc, I posted this before I read your post above...especially about receiving punts, totally agree....really focus on catching the ball.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #64089 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Florida Game Day Thread

ogredawg wrote: I really think this is going to be an easy win for the Dawgs. gaytors have nothing on offense and our D has improved and grown up over the last 2 games

Imo, the big mismatch is UF's OL against our D front 7. Harris will be running for his life most of the day. Unusual for UF but their OL isn't very good, they will have a hard time moving the ball consistantly.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds