Forum

Troy coming to Athens

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62691 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy coming to Athens
Buc, I too am glad Pruitt is our DC and believe he will eventually fix the D/DB's problems.

As you stated, Troy has had some decent teams in the past, evidently not much now but still wouldn't surprise me to see them pass for 200 yards unless our pass RUSH shuts them down.

Not predicting it but wouldn't be totally surprised.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62694 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Troy coming to Athens

wlayton wrote: Buc, I too am glad Pruitt is our DC and believe he will eventually fix the D/DB's problems.

As you stated, Troy has had some decent teams in the past, evidently not much now but still wouldn't surprise me to see them pass for 200 yards unless our pass RUSH shuts them down.

Not predicting it but wouldn't be totally surprised.

wlayton, one thing that I "think" I know.

Several on this board had much to say about the defensive backfield taking time to "grow up". You were basically the first one to openly say . . . . even with the new coaches, keep an eye on that area of our team. Yes I have some of those posts.

Allow me this. Try to keep it short, but you know me, sometimes take the long way around. Really miss averagedawg, he could get to the point quickly.

grantham was a failure when it came to defensive backs, and . . . . linebackers to a point. Must say this, he did not have any help from the "Top", but that was expected.

Pruitt gets on board and right away he is working his butt off. Travel is a tough thingy when recruiting. grantham chose to have less travel. Have mentioned it before, won't go into detail. That is one of the areas that I place my hat on. Pruitt speaks the language of young men in high school, also high school coaches believe in Pruitt.

Many coaches can say I have been there (NFL) and can get you there. Not too many new techniques with defensive linemen, over the years those that can, do, those that can't, don't.

If I have a choice in my defensive line coach, just who do I think can prepare me to play in the NFL? Rucker or grantham? What position did the two of them play in college and one of them (Rucker) play in the NFL? Understand that Thompson is on board with Mark Richt, but if you look close enough, Rucker is his coach, Thompson understands that and will be rewarded by the "new" defensive line coach. Say again, could not be happier with Tracy Rucker on our side.

grantham bails right away on the defensive backfield teaching at Louisville. He announced soon after leaving Athens that he was the Defensive Coordinator and would coach the defensive backs. Not going into the arm waving, that has become a bit "stale", it is what it is/was.

There is one young man that I sincerely hope we get from Plantation, Florida. The game against South Carolina did not move our cause forward, but this young man is not affected by one game or one opinion. Auburn is working hard, FSU feels it is a must. If grantham were here, there would be no chance of signing this young man. Pruitt/McClendon are working hard. If it pays off, we have an incredible young man, both academically and on the turf that is "all that".

There are others in the South Florida area that really like the shadow that McClendon has cast.

Did it again, guess it will never change . . . . :)

Steve you are doing a real solid job with your efforts to make this site "all that". More and more I get talk from folks that are really into this site. Single biggest comment I get when discussing Georgia Football, especially from those that don't know I am long winded here is . . . . great site and growing, knowledgeable posters. Truth is, that is the truth.

DWS, wavered a bit, but that will never change. Say again, hope that we play a lot of folks this weekend. Will say this again . . . . sometimes a good butt whooping alerts you to look out for the "left hook".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62697 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Troy coming to Athens
Not saying any loss is a good thing far from it. However,I think our coaches will have

The teams attention this week in practice. We have 3 games at home in a row to make

Progress and improve. 2 teams from Tenn. We need to be ready to take care of business

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62703 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy coming to Athens
This game has to be a statement game from our D to our O! If we don't put up 56 and hold them to nil then we didn't make a statement.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62708 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Troy coming to Athens
Shattle Fenteng will be out for at least two more weeks but JJ Green will see some playing time, per CJP

More
9 years 7 months ago #62720 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Troy coming to Athens

sflanagan21 wrote: Shattle Fenteng will be out for at least two more weeks but JJ Green will see some playing time, per CJP

Geez, ask some intramurial football players if they played DB in HS and give them a look-see

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds