Forum

From Athens- BWF # 1

9 years 7 months ago #62338 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- BWF # 1 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Bye Week Friday # 1

Slowly we are moving away from game one and its victory and moving to the next page in the
season.

However there is an item I would like to add before moving on.

In last week’s post I said the following:

“I also think what we as the Bulldog Nation have been waiting to see for a number of years will return to Sanford

Call it swagger, mojo or GATA. Damn sure won’t be any WTF arm waving or no-clue cover two. “

The above came to be true in a rather large way.

But I also missed a rather important one

Buc and others including myself are students of tradition

At the beginning of the fourth quarter Georgia fans and players raise their hands with 4 fingers extended

This is a statement that we own the fourth quarter and will finish strong

As we know it has not been a sure thing the last several seasons

Way the hell too much drama at the end of the game

Well hot damn if that didn't also come true …we surely did own the 4th quarter …. big time

Next week is soon enough to start ramping up for the chickens

Everyone take a timeout and enjoy the down time.

Game week against the ole ballsack will be here very quickly

The season is going to get intense

Pull your chin strap tight

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62343 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- BWF # 1
Good morning yankeedawg just read a piece were Kimbrough replaced Herria own kickoff right before the big hit.

The first guy to congratulat him was Herria.

Herria said CJP ask if we need a breather and he Let's the young guys play.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62346 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- BWF # 1

yankeedawg1 wrote: At the beginning of the fourth quarter Georgia fans and players raise their hands with 4 fingers extended

This is a statement that we own the fourth quarter and will finish strong

As we know it has not been a sure thing the last several seasons

It was a sure thing....

It was a sure thing we would be gasping for air and holding on for dear life during the 4th.

My first thought about this game was how great it was that we finally seemed to put our big dawgpaw on a team's throat...... and stepped.

Reverse the halves and I'm not quite as happy... even if the margin was the same. This showed something not seen in a long time in Athens. Us... looking like we got stronger as the game went on and some other team looking like they just wanted to get back on the interstate and
go home.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago #62348 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- BWF # 1
Has been mentioned on this board several times by members that we need to keep the petal to the metal. One thing for sure, the players love to talk "points scored" when they go home and have some fun with others.

Would also like to apply that thought to recruiting. Keep the petal to the metal. We appear to be in that cycle that seems to come around and go around. One exception to that rule is Alabama. They continue to do both, year after year.

With our recent changes on the coaching staff, several coaches with Nick Saban backgrounds have applied the same tactics to Georgia.

Really like all of the new coaches. One in particular that I really like that is not getting a lot of publicity is . . . . Mike Ekeler. He and John Lilly are co-leaders of certain Special Teams play. I say this not meaning to be ugly. John Lilly was part of the Special Teams coaches prior to Mike Ekeler coming on board. If our game against Clemson is any indication of what we can do on Special Teams, Mike Ekeler has made an impression or as Wartdawg likes to say, left a paw-print. Impressed me first time out.

Said this before on this board . . . . want to see some of the results of Mike Ekeler's coaching, check out Lavonte David that plays linebacker for Tampa. Gives much credit to Ekeler's coaching. Anyone take notice of what our inside linebackers did against Clemson . . . . just saying. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 7 months ago #62349 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- BWF # 1
Wart....I am picking up what you're putting down...little nasty and attitude thank you

Buc, CJP will be the first to tell you it just not him. He has a staff that love what they

Do.... Coach Wilson started it and CTR added his touch

IMO. we have showed improvement in each of the areas that we have new coaches

Word I have is players are focused at practice. Attacking issues enjoying themselves

Coaches have new teaching tools with our game and USC's film. Practice is no longer

Idle time before games. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62356 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens- BWF # 1

Dawg With Style wrote: Good morning yankeedawg just read a piece were Kimbrough replaced Herria own kickoff right before the big hit.

The first guy to congratulat him was Herria.

Herria said CJP ask if we need a breather and he Let's the young guys play.

If you noticed they played mainly starters on special teams.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds