Forum

Depth chart for Clemson

9 years 8 months ago #62061 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Depth chart for Clemson
NC_Dawg posted . . . . Time for the talented frosh to step up!.....Opportunities I say!!!

Appears that is what Kimbrough did when Wilson went down with a concussion. I say "Bravo".

Haven't used this phrase in a while . . . . "Once upon a time". Once upon a time in Athens when one of our regulars/starters went down, would automatically resume his place upon returning after the medics said all is good.

Ramik Wilson is a sideline to sideline linebacker, and that was needed under the previous "leadership(?)". Someone had to have a set of "wheels" to cover the mistakes being made by those that did not "understand" the "teachings(?)" of "that other guy". Makes me believe that Pruitt is going to keep the two inside linebackers close when in the 3 man front. That is where Herrera specializes. He is a knock you on your butt backer. Beginning to see how Pruitt is developing this defensive group.

We can only get better and move up the college football ladder when we have the type of "leadership" that was shown in the Wilson/Kimbrough announcement. All of these young pups can play football, need only to be shown the difference in a "Red Light and a Green Light". Some call that teaching, others move on to Louisville and fight with their next head coach.

Totally agree with what you said NC_Dawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62062 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Depth chart for Clemson
Almost every coach in football says something like, "there is no privilege here . . . nobody can assume the job is theirs - they have to earn the right to start and play". I have RARELY seen anyone back that up. I think we are seeing signs that Pruitt may actually MEAN it, and that is a GOOD thing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
9 years 8 months ago #62064 by Buc
Based on what little we get to see, appears that Pruitt is a man of his word thriller. Also appears that more of our young men will get to play this season, not the same as before. Seems to me that we now have a coordinator that understands how to build from the bottom up. 2014 is going to be a very interesting season thriller, apparent that some "positive changes" are in the mix. Again, long overdue. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, growl

More
9 years 8 months ago #62069 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Depth chart for Clemson
"Team" looks to really mean something now, going by what I see. Looks like we have folks buying into the program from where I sit. I don't think its a show any more.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #62079 by Buc
Last interview with Mark Richt prior to Clemson game. Not giving away much, beat writers trying hard to get a scoop.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62080 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Depth chart for Clemson
Buc, that may have been the driest interview he's ever done, and he's done some BONE dry ones before. That presser made Vince Dooley sound like Lou Holtz. I hope this signals that he is just highly focused and ready to watch his team play, but his remarks about the secondary have me worried. :dry: I was already wringing my hands over that group, especially the safeties, and he just reinforced my worries.

Man, it's tough waiting for Saturdays in the fall, ain't it?

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds