Forum

A Look At Reality

9 years 8 months ago #61752 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic A Look At Reality
Buc, before my explanation as to why I haven't posted as much, I just want to preface the fact that I don't think there is anything wrong with people being overly optimistic, so with that said......

There just seems to be so much euphoria with UGA football expectations, as there is EVERY off season with our fans, but the hiring of Pruitt has kicked it into high gear this time, and it's just hard to continue reading and debating. Such as, I've read where we have 4 backs that could start for any team in the country. Really? One, yes, but we've got one coming back from a catastrophic knee injury and two that have never played a down of college football. But ok, whatever.
I've read how the team attitude is different, no ME's, they speak highly of the coaching staff, they buy into the program, etc. That comes from the players every year...yes, even with grantham. If people didn't see it in his first couple of years, they just weren't looking hard enough. And we still seem to have the same discipline cases.
Our O-line is nasty and not taking any crap. Same as every year, plus that's banking on young players and ones who took part on an underperforming line.
I hear how great our recruiting is with our new staff and how we wouldn't get certain recruits if our old staff was here. High rated recruiting classes have never been a problem here, and I even read excitement about 2016 commits. Sorry, can't get excited about a sophomore in HS.
Everybody talks about how much potential we have, and we should live up to it, and I've read on many sites that we will win the NC, but then they throw in the caveat of "well, of course, I have to see it on the field first, but..." "and our secondary is young, but" and other lines allowing people an out if we don't do it, but an "I told you so" if we do. Just not my style to play both sides of the fence, or debate with people that do. Everyone knows where I stand on issues, and when I'm wrong, I own it.
Many other examples come to mind.
So, like I said, I have no problem with people wearing their R&B glasses or drinking the R&B kool aid or whatever, just happy talking about things here and there but really ready to see some action on the gridiron. And I will be glad, and happy, to be wrong about this year's edition, and will be the first to admit it if proven wrong, but well, you know the rest, I've been posting it for years.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, wlayton, Buc, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61754 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A Look At Reality
The kool aid is plentiful this year and I always drink a little before the first game. It gets my hopes up. After the first game its all business until the fat lady sings.
GO DAWGS !!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds