Forum

A Look At Reality

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61743 by Buc
A Look At Reality was created by Buc
It is not fair to those that are here on this board, at this day and time to bring this up.

The following is a huge part of Georgia Football History. Most here have probably read about this play. Changed the way football was played in Athens, VD needed something to move our program forward, and in my opinon, this was the play that changed Georgia football under VD.

Allow me this. Bob Taylor taking a pitch and putting the football in the end zone truthfully opened SEC football to VD. Prior to this particular play we were “average”. I give VD this, Sun Bowl meant a lot, but those of us driving back from Athens were all over the Alabama’s folks that were on the two lane road heading West.

Single biggest accomplishment under VD. Those that want to point to the National Championship truly do not understand.

Dawg Taylor, we remember. God Bless You and All that you brought to Athens and folks like me.

Pulling back my friends, time for me to read this board and others. Our board is good, but there are others that move out and allow hard talk on subjects and those that post.

Again, allow me this, Taylor changed UGA Football. It was hard to beat the “Bear” it is now difficult to beat “Nick”.

We have a very good football team . . . . Hoping our coaching can match the talent on the field.

I believe, but I have been around a long time. Media "spit" has again influenced "all".

With "talent" like we have in Athens, and many think that we are 9-3 or . . . .

Going to be interesting watching this board and a couple others. Really not time for "pats" on the back. Wonder sometimes about "real thoughts" about thoughts coming from "stuff" coming from those that don't play for the clicks.

Have always enjoyed watching "disagreement" . . . . for reasons that belong to those posting. Some speak out and it is time to "pull them in". ogredawg, sadlerdawg, kentdaddy do that, makes me wonder why they don't post more, maybe not.

Georgia football has rolled around again, here is hoping that this board has found its way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61744 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic A Look At Reality
not really much left to say Buc. Not going to keep beating a dead horse. Time for talking is about over anyhoo. Showtime is almost upon us. Not going to make any type of prediction other than that with the talent we have we should go 15-0. only thing that will stop us from doing that is COACHING.......... :whistle:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61746 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A Look At Reality
Buc, as usual I appreciate the insight into history. We have to learn from the past, it is all we have to go by.

As fans we are doing what we can on the board. Some are pretty hard on the Dawgs because they want them to be better. And some of the Dawgs are doing what the can to be the best they can at this point in time.

We have a new season ahead of us. With a lot of good coaches and players it is time to team up and get to work playing some college football.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

9 years 8 months ago #61749 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A Look At Reality
Lead dog on the sled speaks the truth... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 8 months ago #61750 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic A Look At Reality
:( :( :( Come on Buc give VD a break. He was a head coach, had good coaches around him, that's what a good head coach is supposed to do. Russell should have been the new head coach, not Goff. Things happen, you take your stance & I take mine. Respect yours hope you respect mine. I agree he made a lot of mistakes in his hiring new coaches. but we all make mistakes, that't why
we have those little rubber things on the end of pencils.
AS always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago #61751 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic A Look At Reality
R.I.P. Bob Taylor. There is no way he was 70 years old, because that would make me 50 something . . . oh yeah, I guess so.

Buc, you are right. The hiring of Vince Dooley marked a shifting of the gears in Athens, into a higher level of performance. Things might have gone better, but it's more likely they would have gone worse had it not been for him. I base that statement on what came before.

Yep, I'm one of the ones saying 9-3 or 10-2. The secondary is too young and too thin. Some call that "excuse making", others call it reality. I'm not excusing anything. I say win and WIN NOW. But even my "rose-colored-Kool-Aid-drinking" euphoria can't hide my fear that we have lost too much behind the linebackers. Beating Spurrious in his house is never easy, and they have a really good RB that got a lot of yards against us last year. And I'm hopeful that Missouri has lost more than we have. And I'm hopeful that Abuurn isn't as good as last year's record made them look. And I sure hope Tennessee hasn't gotten back on track . . . but I'm now thinking more like others here . . . 8-4 won't be good enough for me this year, nor will 9-3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds