Forum

Indoor Facility

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #61187 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Indoor Facility

wlayton wrote:

DAWGtm wrote: With the size of our facility we should be the best goal line team around. Because we don't have any room to practice any thing else

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ........ :unsure:

Too funny......or practicing snapping the ball to our punters.

It really is embarrassing when we look at the "overall picture of facilities".

We can reach out to a Notre Dame and get a contract. Try keeping up with others in the SEC . . . . too bad that "we are broke". Not on board with McGarity in many areas. Almost like he is "shining the apple" for the teachers (Groups) approval.

TN Dawg hit it . . . . want to come out and play in the final four or eight or whatever, we are falling way behind. Still have player and coaching talent (for the moment) the "Group" is still sitting on their McScrooge fortunes. Have to do this . . . . again.

Don't need a needle, need a forklift to handle what the "Golden Goose (Football)" has provided for the "Group".
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61188 by Buc
Chief growl, you pushed the right "button" from where I sit.

Not trying to be ugly, hoping that a university like the University of Georgia does not get lost in some of the "stuff" that has prevented our program from moving forward on more than one occasion.

Being a student of "history", especially University of Georgia history, bothers me when we continue to make the same damn mistakes, over and over.

Can't seem to figure out what is needed on the defensive side of the ball for some time. We go through spells of the same "stuff" on the offensive side of the ball.

The major problem as I see it is the lack of "leadership" in Athens. That covers a large "Group". Never fails that the USPS (Mail) finds its way to my home year after year. Always the same message . . . . can anyone guess what that is?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
9 years 9 months ago #61189 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Indoor Facility
As our pockets get deeper their arms get longer

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 9 months ago #61191 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Indoor Facility
Many years ago when UT needed a new basketball arena and it wasn't in the budget and was not a priority

A wealthy alumni stepped up a footed the bill providing that it was bigger than Rupp Arena. He got a few of his buds

To chip in. Built and opened no problem.

Mac wouldn't say no if same happened in Athens for a indoor facility. Sad fact it is not a priority for the

administration or the majority of the Bulldog Nation if it was Site prep would start today. True the funds are there

But the Group is holding tightly to the purses strings

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 9 months ago #61192 by Buc
At some point every football player that signs on with a particular college, has a reason for that.

For many, it is attending a college that is consistently in the top five at the beginning or end of a season.

Some like Saban can produce those numbers that intrigue young football players, year after year. Along with that, Nick Saban said to the University of Alabama that there are certain rules that the "Group" in Tuscaloosa must abide by. Those rules are of course the "Nick Saban rules".

While Auburn has always been able to "move things around", under Gus Malzahn they appear to think that they have the "answer" to Alabama/Saban. Money will "never" be a problem at either school as long as they "win". Their "Groups" will always provide what the two coaches want, regardless of what that might be. Good example of that, the photos in this thread started by growl that show the different "indoor facilities".

Commitment comes in different ways. Auburn for example "somehow" got a quarterback that appeared to be commited to another SEC school. Seems there was a lot of "negotiating" going on that the NCAA and Emmert could not find a reason to bring a case.

This is where I am coming from . . . . don't want Georgia to get into the "wars" that the Alabama schools are in and seem to be intensifying. I would like to see our "Group" come to the realization that "times change". SEC football is incredibly different than it was just a few years back. I look around, know what I see and much of that makes me wonder just how much our "Group" wants to finish or start each year in the top five in college football.

This sticks with me . . . . for the time being, there will be four teams playing for the National Championship, to get invited to play in that game . . . . have to do some things differently in Athens, starting in 2014. Last time we played for and won the National Championship goes back to the 1980's. I believe that adding an indoor facility would be a very good step forward. If not, will find out soon enough. Many SEC schools seem to think that indoor facilities pay off in more ways than maybe some think.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61204 by Buc

growl wrote: As our pockets get deeper their arms get longer

So much truth in the above post. Check this out . . . .

According to a recent study done by Forbes, Georgia boasts the highest football home game ticket prices of any school in the Southeastern Conference, and by a wide margin. Georgia is the only school that has an average price above $200, with the next closest school almost $50 cheaper.

Attachments:

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds