Forum

From Athens- Spring has Sprung

10 years 3 weeks ago #59828 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Spring has Sprung
Looks like the West pulled almost 3 to 1 over the East

KY did better than UGA. I look to see these numbers change with the recruiting staff

Calling Athens home now. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59829 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Spring has Sprung
Interesting approach that Gus Malzahn is taking after playing in the NC game.

Something else that caught my interest was Nick Saban preparing for the spread with his defensive thoughts.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59830 by Buc
Know that some have not looked at the Mark Richt interview. For those of you that haven't below is a link for that.

If you go to the 5 minute 40 second mark you will hear some of Richt's thoughts on the scrimmage.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59831 by yankeedawg1
CMR spoke of the OL creating space. Improvement over last week

His demeanor seemed more focused on talking about players areas that need to be worked on

He didn't look like he was sitting on throne speaking to his subjects more connected

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59832 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: CMR spoke of the OL creating space. Improvement over last week

His demeanor seemed more focused on talking about players areas that need to be worked on

He didn't look like he was sitting on throne speaking to his subjects more connected

yd1, like what you just posted, it appears some are becoming more focused on the task at hand, coaches and players.

Enjoyed watching Todd Gurley point out that Ramik Wilson is always in the way. I am also with ogredawg on Carter at linebacker. This linebacker "thingy" is needed when we face off with Auburn, and Gus understands that.

Just for kicks, (don't laugh too loudly) would like to see Herrera lining up at defensive end or just off the shoulder of the 3 man front in the linebacker position. My bet is we will.

Hard not to like seeing young men strapping on the gear and walking (or running) on the practice field understanding that they have a chance to start on Saturdays. Have mentioned much that I do not like since the early 80's. I can say this, really like the fact that "something" has changed in Athens.

I know who is responsible for the change, and it is not a secret at this point.

Again, this is not a kick the head coach in the butt, but someone on this board should explain to me why it has taken this long to have players, young pups saying that this was needed. All any of us have to do is watch what is coming out of the mouths of these very talented young men.

Some will be disappointed, but it will not be what I witnessed in Orlando when we played Nebraska. Sitting on the 50 yard line, I watched very talented players with no interest whatsoever in the game. I said that.

Trying to speak for Erk ( ;) ) and the new regime, enough of the same stuff since 1980. Where is it written that a young coach cannot come to campus and get everyones attention? Think about that last statement. Mark Richt came to campus and lit things up for most of us, including me from the FSU Campus.

Old fart like me, don't have to put a time line on when we do this or that. Just incredibly tired of the same BS that I have witnessed since the early 80's. Pulled that from Duck's posts.

Glad you are on campus Jeremy, also understand that there is a "time stamp" on your career and moving forward. Not for a minute do I think that it is "money motivated", you come from the same stock that Erk came from. You understand these young men in high schools and their "situations". Those before you on the defensive side did not have a damn clue. Yes, I said that, and stand by it.

Simpy this . . . . Coach these young pups up. If someone is in the way, time to move the obstacle. Said that too.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59833 by yankeedawg1
Buc it seems like we have talked for the last several years about change in Athens

I know I sounded like a broken record. After CWM with Towel Toddy an Jarvis we were

Ready to be world beaters. I bought the Toddy snake oil like it was liquid gold

See a world of difference in the change that is taking place now

Less talk more coaching/teaching. What the players are saying and they are reacting

To being taught. UConn stuck aa fork in the Gators. Sweet

Just by his actions it shows CJP wanted this job. The folks who he picked for his staff

Want to be hear also. I see a whole lot of pride with this group players and coaches

Said earlier. Some SEC team is going to feel a bulldog bite. I want both teams full strength when Assburn visits. No excuses.

Our HS cosches will match up better than we did last year. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds