Forum

Cheers for Russ

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47510 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Spent some time last evening thinking about the fortunes of players and mascots.

When I think of Russ the closest comparison I can draw player wise is the same situation that Richard Samuel IV has been in since arriving on campus.

Never fails when someone has to stand in at a position, we hear Richard Samuels name, same can be said for Russ. Same thing happening thus far this pre-season. Richard was going to move to fullback, problems occur and now he is going back to tailback. I do understand that if you are going to claim the position you are or should be the best.

In Richard's case I sometimes think that many of his so-called problems were problems caused by coaches and their decision making. Will always believe that he should have been a linebacker.

Russ, comes down to decision making also. Bless his Bulldog heart, he was born with spots. Can we only imagine what a great mascot he would have been if only he had not arrived with those markings. Really hope that his replacement, if there is one, will live a long and storied life between the Hedges. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47511 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
You know what? I'm glad he's got those spots. I know that tradition demands a pure white dog, but that purity seems to play into some bad genetics. I think those spots might help Russ live a more healthy life, or at least I sure hope so. I don't know much about genetics and even less about canine genetics, just what I read in the popular journals, but it sounds like too much in-breeding to keep that line "pure" has led to some shortened life spans. Here's hoping Russ is around for a LONG time!

More
11 years 9 months ago #47517 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Keep Russ!
Dogs are color blind anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
11 years 9 months ago #47518 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Ive got a solution to satisfy both sides of this situation......Lets "dye" Russ all WHITE!!!;) B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47519 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Who said you can't have two dogs? They could team up on 'em. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47520 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Made a comment this morning in this thread comparing Richard Samuel and Russ relating to how their fortunes have paralleled. Little after 2 p.m. 7/16/12 and have read Chip Towers column in todays AJC, which Steve has posted on the sideboard.

Really gave me a feeling of pride when I read the comments section below the article. Bunch of Damn Good Dawgs posting their feelings about Richard and a few about Russ. Some folks understand team play and Richard and Russ lead that group.

Worth a look if you have not at this point.

Go Dawgs, Coach 'em up . . . :)

blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/07/16...logs_uga_sports_blog
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds