Forum

David Pollack...

14 years 4 months ago #26877 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:David Pollack...
I stopped paying attention to Saban's comments after these statements made while he was the Dolphins' coach--

Nov. 27:
Saban: \"When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

\"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?\"

Dec. 21:
Saban: \"I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here.\"

Then there was this doozie after taking the 'bama job--

\"He was walking down the street yesterday before the Sugar Bowl,” Saban said on the taped comments. “He calls me. There was a guy working in the ditch, one of those coonass guys that talk funny.

“I can’t talk like them, but he can. Most people in Louisiana can.”

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #26882 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:David Pollack...
kentdaddy wrote:

Did anyone else catch the Saban comments about his coaches making \"lateral\" moves?

In 'bamy they call that \"irony pie\". Of course, that's the one room in the basement of the English buiding at UA where anyone knows what irony is, but they say it, they really do.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
14 years 4 months ago #26886 by ugaa
Replied by ugaa on topic Re:David Pollack...
kentdaddy wrote:

Did anyone else catch the Saban comments about his coaches making \"lateral\" moves?

Classy guy that Nick.

I wonder where he is off to next?

Hes a whiny little baby, why would this kind of comment come as a shock to any of us if smart does come to UGA.

More
14 years 4 months ago #26887 by golferdawg
Replied by golferdawg on topic Re:David Pollack...
Well the offer is around 700,000 a yr... we should know by wednesday at the latest.

More
14 years 4 months ago #26888 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:David Pollack...
Moving out of Alabama is not a lateral move unless you go west to Mississippi. Athens is certainly a step up.

More
14 years 4 months ago #26889 by born2bAdawg
Replied by born2bAdawg on topic Re:David Pollack...
Dont know how true this is: Georgia:
FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS and the FIRST TO REPORT that Alabama Defensive Coordinator Kirby Smart has been hired as the new
Defensive Coordinator by Head Coach Mark Richt.
Alabama:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Head Coach Nick Saban has interviewed Todd Grantham (Dallas Cowboys Defensive Line coach) for the soon to be
vacant Defensive Coordinator position.
Georgia:
FootballCoachScoop sources tell us that Defensive Coordinator Kirby Smart, this season's Broyles Award winner as the nation's top assistant, has just be
given an offer that is double the $360,000 base salary Smart earned this past season at Alabama. According to our sources, Head Coach Mark Richt
should be announcing Smart as the new Defensive Coordinator at Georgia very soon.

Plain and simple for 2011...WIN

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds