Forum

Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview

14 years 10 months ago #22075 by Buc
sadlerdawg wrote:

I think this game (and let's face it, the season) is going to hinge on the D. I feel pretty sure our O can put up the points, our D will have to answer the bell. Hopefully they are dusting off and viewing the tapes from the Sugar Bowl against Hawaii---IMO, the last time our D made a statement.

sadlerdawg, could not agree more. After playing Hawaii, was not sure if they were that far behind us or that we were that good. I think that we have all of the \"D\" players that are needed to play outstanding football. Will say again, think that it comes down to coaching. Know that wlayton is right when he says that we need a pass rush. Would rather see our linebackers, if necessary, rushing the QB and not trying to cover WR's. If this defense does not show up this year, think that we will see a major change. Lets go WM.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #22077 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
dapolla, you have never been more correct with EVERY word. Big 12 South, the best division in the country....are you KIDDING me??? Defense wins games and championships.....look no further than that Ole Miss/ TT bowl game. The Ole Miss defense had them totally baffled and shut them down. The SEC plays THE best D in all of college football and we'll return to our normal dominance on defense soon.

Big 12? Come on DawgFanInTn, you are just trying to pull our leg....surely.:huh: :huh:

PVBDAWG

More
14 years 10 months ago #22078 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
wlayton wrote:

Yep......did Martinez make it out to that Sugar Bowl game sadlerdawg?

Evidently he missed the plane.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the sidelines a couple of times--maybe they gave him an inoperable mike and were calling plays from the box!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #22079 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
Buc wrote:

sadlerdawg, could not agree more. After playing Hawaii, was not sure if they were that far behind us or that we were that good. I think that we have all of the \"D\" players that are needed to play outstanding football. Will say again, think that it comes down to coaching. Know that wlayton is right when he says that we need a pass rush. Would rather see our linebackers, if necessary, rushing the QB and not trying to cover WR's. If this defense does not show up this year, think that we will see a major change. Lets go WM.

100% correct, Buc. I'm really hoping players' pride and a certain coach's fear of unemployment will motivate all parties. We've definitely got the athletes--time to kick it up a notch!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #22080 by DawgFanInTn
Replied by DawgFanInTn on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
The second paragraph of my post is a quote from the article. My statement was \"tongue in cheek.\"

It really jumped out at me when I read it. Hope OSU thinks so too, but I surely do not.

More
14 years 10 months ago #22081 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Oklahoma State Cowboys 2009 Team Preview
Defense wins championships.
I agree, the talent is there. It comes down to coaching and leadership.
Fundamentals!

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds