Forum

GAME DAY: #1 GEORGIA BULLDOGS AT KENTUCKY WILDCATS (2024-09-14)

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #83239 by SouthernDawg
Happy college football Saturday dawg fans from a 69° Queen City. Coffee is steaming and anticipating is building for this SEC opener for us against an opponent that has always proven to be a tough physical challenge.

Kirby often says that the hallmark of a Mark Stoops-coached team is a physical and gritty battle in the trenches and that Kentucky was usually the most physical game Georgia would get on its now-defunct SEC East schedule. Today will be no different and I am in no way lulled to sleep over Kentucky’s lackluster performance in its home opener against South Carolina. Of course, a lot has been made about Brock Vandagriff playing his former team and how Georgia’s playbook has been downloaded to Kentucky. My opinion? A lot is always made about this, and unless it is a head coach or a top line coordinator that defects to the other team and re-writes their playbook entirely to counter the opposing team, its probably makes far less difference than it is made out to be. Remember - Kirby & Glenn Schumann have seen Brock Vandagriff far more times than Brock Vandagriff has seen Georgia. If Vandagriff struggled mightily against a South Carolina defense, then he’s in for an evening in Lexington against a Georgia defense that hasn’t allowed a score in the first half and only two field goals overall up to this point in the 2024 season.

I expect the game plan today, at a macro level, to be an extremely aggressive ground game with Etienne, Jones, and Frazier giving Kentucky all the physical it wants to loosen up that Kentucky backfield. Look for Colbie Young and London Humphrey to set the pace on the downfield game with Delp contributing considerable blocking efforts on a weak edge end of Kentucky’s d-line. Tate Ratledge and Xavier Truss should have a field day with Kentucky’s line and by the late third, wills should be broken.

We open this game with a few interesting streak stats: Kirby Smart remains undefeated against all active FBS coaches in the last 5 years, Georgia is 48-2 one the last 50 games with 41 consecutive victories and an SEC record of 27 straight regular season wins, and Georgia holds a 15-game winning steak in an opponent’s home stadium.

Game time menu: A pile of chick fil a chicken nuggets for an appetizer followed by pulled pork sandwiches (pop is dry rubbing the butts now and the grill is warming up), onion rings, potato salad with various munchies sprinkled in.

SIC EM'! GATA!

VITALS:
  • Kickoff: Saturday, September 14 – 7:30 p.m. ET
  • 2024 Records: GEORGIA (2-0, 0-0 SEC), Kentucky (1-1, 0-1 SEC)
  • 2024 Rankings: Georgia #1/1, Kentucky NR
  • TV: ABC
  • Video Stream:  ESPN+  (Sean McDonough, Greg McElroy & Molly McGrath)
  • Radio: 95.5 FM WSB – Bulldog Network |  Affiliates  | Scott Howard (PxP), Eric Zeier (Color), DJ Shockley (sideline)
  • Audio Stream:  georgiadogs.com
  • Satellite: SiriusXM (SiriusXM (84), National (381))
  • Web Stats:  georgiadogs.com
  • Twitter: #UGAvsUK
  • SECN ReBroadcast: 9/17 – 4:00 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
  • History:  Georgia vs. Kentucky All-Time Series Results: UGA 63-12-2
  • Last Meeting: 2023 in Athens, Georgia won 51-13
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 1 week ago #83240 by yankeedawg1
SD ....  can't ever go wrong with CFA nuggets.....  wife takes the liquid gold CFA sauce and hits it with a tad of sriracha. 

You and pops enjoy making more memories...  Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
1 month 1 week ago #83241 by SouthernDawg
YD,

Absolutely. A little Christian Chicken and college football go together like peas and carrots. If you're ever interested, I have the recipe for the chicken from a manager at CFA. The only thing you can't do at home is pressure fry the chicken, but other than that, the recipe is solid gold. Its not hard to make. Let me know.

Speaking of chickens...I'm watching the South Cackalackee chiickens dancing cocka doodle doo all over Brian Kelly, which warms me heart.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 1 week ago #83242 by stevedawg
WHEW!!!

It's been a long time since I had to sit on the edge of my seat until the very last second.

But the team got a W so that's that.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• stevedawg
  • Away
  • DAWGS.com moderator
1 month 1 week ago #83243 by SouthernDawg

• SouthernDawg
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 month 1 week ago #83244 by Wartdawg
Well men...

There isn't much to say here other than our offensive line got whipped. Plain and simple.
A big concern I had with the return of Searels 
was how his O-lines underperformed when he was here before. Not saying that he's the problem here, but the line got whupped most of the night.
Bobo abandoned the TE's for most of the night.. gone were the jet sweeps that got our running game to the edge. 

Tough night, but a win is a win is a win.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

• Wartdawg
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds