Forum

From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22

1 year 5 months ago #82731 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22 was created by yankeedawg1
Good morning all,

I have lived in Athens for 20 years been through many home game weeks… nothing compares to the sheer madness that has taken over the Classic City…. It has been building since Wednesday….  Cars parked on lawns … families seeing relatives that they haven’t seen since the last wedding or funeral…….   Me I stocked up on tailgating supplies early..ESPN Gamrday and SEC Network ….  Oh. CBS  Broadcast crew  yes Uncle Gary ….

My take on the game…. Same as its been I year….   Show up like we did for Oregon,Assburn,and Florida..  we will win and cover…. Edit…. No taking the third quarter off… please…

Run the damn ball… use Brock and Darnell….  Touchdowns and not field goals….    Obviously no turnovers…. Make Hooker uncomfortable very uncomfortable….   We play to our standard  the urange people will head to exits early….

I truly dislike urange….  Smash the pumpkins and ring the chapel bell until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

tailgate menu…. Warm Cuban sliders …. And …. Slaw

Pause and give thanks…. Continue to check on family and friends often…

Have  a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “ Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82732 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22
Good old Rocky Top. Gotta love 'em for coming to town for their annual match up. Bless their hearts.
Let's send the Volunteers home with an 'at-a-boy', a few bruises and their tails tucked.

For a season with a lot of action that doesn't fit in the play book I am ready for anything. Just make sure it is a W.

Athens sounds bonkers. I miss living there on the football weekends. Fall in the air, football on the field. The locals know the drill.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

1 year 5 months ago #82733 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22
Boss Dawg. 

love to have your drone covering the traffic flowing to Athens starting early tomorrow morning…. 316 will be jammed from 81 to the loop…. Growl … Time to Dawg down the hatches and secure all watertight doors…. 

Go Dawgs…..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82734 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22
Run
The
Ball

Keep Hooker off the field.

When he's out there... a key is never letting your man go. He keeps his eyes downfield... always. We can't ever release on coverage until he is past
the LOS

God Bless and Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
1 year 5 months ago #82736 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22
Wart…. Spot on bro…

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 5 months ago #82738 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic From Athens -Game Day Friday #10. 05-11-22
Yankeedawg’s Friday post has me ready to run through a brick wall!

I feel a quiet confidence about tomorrow

They are very dangerous but so are poison snakes, we got a team full of hungry mongooses

Thrilled hearing that Athens is burning hot already, 93k “elite” WILL make an impact for the good guys

Wish I was packing my vehicle at sunrise and dashing for our tailgating lot on Oconee St. like so many Saturdays of my younger days

As long as the Babysitters show up,  a good friend’s couch in Senoia, GA is where I’ll be barking

I remember going into this rivalry game in the 90s knowing they were the better team, and it showed for 9 straight years 

They won with great GA high school players, their fans were insufferable,
the sight of Phil Fulmer’s mug was like shampoo in the eyes

other than hating Florida, they have no redeeming qualities 

Speaking of 90s, heard that 90% of public money is on Tennessee +8

But Vegas always knows what time it is, and it ain’t Football Time in Tennessee, the Beast of the East resides in the Classic City

UGA has won 5 straight in the series, time for the defending National champions to commence 5 more starting tomorrow

Tennessee is like the orange Autumn leaves, they are pretty for a while but their fate is to rot on the ground, the Chapel bell tolls before 7:30pm tomorrow night 

Hunker Down Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds