Forum

GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

1 year 6 months ago #82648 by growl
Looking forward to this Game for a while now, it is usually a very tough game and has a lot of tradition.

Always has been my favorite game to judge where we are.   I look for an early lead and pile on some points by Bowers/Washington combo, look for a big day from Milton between the Tackles.  WE WILL win the trenches!

GO DAWGS!!!!!  GATA!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 6 months ago #82650 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Chief… totally agree this is a season bench mark game for us… we get Vandy coming in next week then a bye before our trip to JAX..

nobody looking ahead focus on Assburn.. time has run out for us to diddle around…. Time to bow up and play to our standard….. Go Dawgs 

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
1 year 6 months ago #82651 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
good morning all....

Fall is in the air now. Got our first freeze earlier this week and its freezing once again - in the first week of October no less. Coffee is steaming and I'm trying to maintain composure. Kirby preaches composure and I'm doing my best to maintain it. While I know I should be "over" it because we are well past the 24 hour rule, I'm still hot to the touch over that debacle I watched last Saturday night. 

I've listened all week to the talking heads tell me why Georgia is a huge favorite over Assburn and why it's going to be a slaughter. Please. Stop it. Sell that sht somewhere else. At this point, we're starting this relationship back from scratch. She's gonna have to earn my trust back. This "trust me baby it'll never happen again" is old, tired, and useless. 

On paper, we should wipe the field with Auburn. But what I saw on the screen last week was a flashback to Stacy Searels' Georgia teams of 2008, which frankly, left a gaping hole in Georgia all the way up to the time we got Sam Pittman - who fully understood that the game is won and lost on the line of scrimmage. Hell, go back to the dawgs.com archives to that era all the way through the day Kirby was hired, read post after post after post about how pathetic our lines were. Well its deja vu all over again. Our line better show up. Our quarterback better pull his head out of.....Because if they don't.......Ok, I'll stop. 

They're gonna have to prove it to me again fellas. I want to see a complete team performance. I want to see a bat out of hell in the first quarter. This game - if the pundits and sports mouths are right and #2 Georgia is this good - should be over by halftime. Will it be? We'll see. If we cannot successfully dominate a hapless Assburn - whose team is in shambles, whose running back Tank Bigsby is the only thing keeping them on the scoreboard, and whose surely-to-be-fired head coach is already interviewing for Saban's Coaching Rehabilitation program at Bama - in every phase of the game, it's over. Forget everything this season. 

GO DAWGS. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #82652 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Well said SD. I feel the same. Time to "Show Me the Money"!

You nailed the big picture. I boosted your post on Facebook with a fifty and it will reach about 5000 fans before game time.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #82653 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Good morning,

Duchess and the wife got me out for our morning walk.

We came home back roads as the game day traffic is insane .
Route took us by Ben Epps Airport…. The number of private aircraft that has flown in for this game is crazy…

Totally agree with SD that the time for talking has passed…. HC speaks about we talk with our helmets… which lately has been a soft whisper…

Close with this though…. The days of comparing our current football team with those of previous years is done.

Our bench mark is the standard we played to in 2021 everything else …. Was part of our Natty drought ….

Still love my Dawgs but like a child who got 3 F’s on their report card…. Well we who are old enough know how that story ends..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #82654 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN PLAINSMEN VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Come on men... I predicted the 1st two plays of the game perfectly based on the formation. If I can do that, so can Auburn.

.... and McConkey fumbles a punt... again. 

I would remove him from that duty until he gets his head out of his asp.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds