Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22

1 year 7 months ago #82525 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

It has been awhile since I have had the opportunity to do a Game Day Friday… beyond ready to get cracking at the new season.

The more things change the more the stay the same…. All we heard from the talking heads in 2021 was we can’t win with a High School quarterback.

CKS doesn’t know squat about coaching  and he let Justin Field walk and we missed having a 5 star QB to lead us to the promise land of a Natty. 

Then there is the JT Daniels saga…….  Oh Kirby was also proven right on that controversy……. 

By my count SBIV has one more Natty than Fields and several previous HT winners…. So without out the generational defense of last season our chances are slim and none…… going into 2022…. Just keep thinking that until December and when the CFP selects the 4 playoff teams….

This ain’t your Daddy’s Georgia football team….  Kirby didn’t build a one trick pony….  Solid recruiting and a process to develop both players and assistant coaches is the reason our Dawgs are on solid footing for many seasons to come.   A very good thing….

Vegas doesn’t get it wrong to many times in a college football season…. Even with all the players from last season moving on to new opportunities the roster is still stacked with quality players…. Yes more additional game experience will polish the skill sets even more…. That will come quickly...

We open with Oregon Duck’s from the Pack 12 ….  Who had a good win last year over OSWho….you can temper that with the Chestnuts getting beat by Michigan….. 

Who in turn played the Dawgs in the Orange Bowl Semi Playoff Game.… Any Big10 fans recall how that turned out hmmm….   First five times we had the ball we scored. It wasn't very competitive for most of the game….. people love to hate on the  SEC we just hit it different in this conference.. fact …

Now we hear from the wizards how he Ducks are a trap game….. with Vegas making us a 17pt favorite it seems to go against that claim pretty strongly.

IMHO …. Our depth, team speed… the level of competition we play, all point to a win for the Dawgs…..

And rolling out Bro Nix as a world beater who went 0-3 at Assburn against the Dawgs seems a wee bit of a stretch that leads to a Duck win.

Cutting to the chase Dawgs win and cover….   Wish Coach Dan success in the future after tonight and thank him for his outstanding service while in Athens coaching the Dawgs.

Growl /SD watchcha… got going on the grill ??    Family asked for smothered pork chops, gravy, mashed potatoes, and peas….   Wedge or two of skillet cornbread will work for me..

Pause and give thanks …. Continue to check on family and friends …

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always  “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82526 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22
Great opening post for what looks like it might be a very interesting season, ready to get it going!

I am going to be Griiling a very nice Beef Tenderloin, with Fried Grit Patties and Asparagus, washed down with a cold glass of Sweet Georgia Peach Tea.  That will get you ready for a great Game with lots of action!

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82527 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22
Growl… man with a plan… daughters birthday so have to go with her wishes.  Smothered pork chops is her favorite childhood meal her Mom made her.

Enjoy the game…. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
1 year 7 months ago #82528 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22
Yd1 you can’t go wrong with keeping the Family Happy like that, it’ll just make the rest of your day so fine!  

GO DAWGS! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #82529 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22
YD1, Well put...  "This ain’t your Daddy’s Georgia football team…. Kirby didn’t build a one trick pony". New coach and definitely a new era.

Vegas and the media don't reach my neural network therefore I think with a clear head. Let them ride whatever horse is making them the moolah. You can bet that is exactly what they are doing.

Ducks. Ok. whatever. Play Ball!

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

1 year 7 months ago #82531 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #1 9-2-22
In the words of the famous boxing referee Mills Lane; "Let's get it on!"

It's been a long road since the NCG.. I'm tired of the Crimson Whine fans and their "If Metchie didn't get injured.." excuses.

Just ready to take it back out on the field. Win or lose... with no excuses if things don't go our way.

Oregon is a solid program and Lanning is a solid coach who knows what UGA is going to do, but none of that changes the talent level on the field.

Dawgs should win by double digits.

God bless and go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds