Forum

From Athens- Natty Saturday

2 years 3 months ago #82295 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Natty Saturday was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

SD… coffee in hand fireplace fired up as it is 21 with the WC …. Birds bitching as the bird bath is frozen..

I am not a believer of CNS living inside CKS head…. Many years Tennessee would sing on the third Saturday in October

We Own Alabama …. Tennessee dominated subpar Alabama teams…. Better players and NS turned all that to past history..

It has taken Kirby six years to recruit the players and depth we see today… also hiring outstanding assistants..

What I do believe is…. CNS has more experience as HC than CKS…. No doubt in my mind… CKS has taken these lessons

and made them part of the process… we have wins based on the losses……

You can’t change history unless you have the opportunity…. Monday night on a neutral site. We have the opportunity…

Growl…. Haven’t made a choice on supper….

Pause and give thanks… Blessed..

Continue to check on family and friends often..

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82296 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Natty Saturday
Very simple to analyze the game:

Saban will again attempt to use tempo to limit our subs and gas our D. We did nothing to stop it.. we even helped with quick 3 and outs on offense.

On D they will use combo coverages to try and get SBIV to make mistakes. I rewatched the 1st game and every instance we repeated a successful play, Alabama had corrected the mistake they made the 1st time. The pick 6 was exactly that.. SBIV made the same read he made the first time we ran that route combination, and the 2nd time the safety jumped it.

Tempo: Slow the game down. Utilize timeouts to stop the clock and make subs. When they go tempo, our O needs to turn to the run game and stay on the field for more than 3 plays and 41 seconds.

SBIV: He's got to know that Bama will adjust. If they didn't jump the route the first time, they will the next time. Instead of that being your downfall, use that knowledge to your advantage.

Know those things and spy Young when in man coverage and we win.

Don't, and we wont.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 3 months ago #82297 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Natty Saturday
Wart…. You touched on all the key points..

I would underline that is critical for offense to help the defense by

Keep moving the chains while eating clock.. keep Young on the sidelines….

Third and short …. For us all game long ….

Truly we know what to do… now just go and do it…

Just Do It…..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 3 months ago #82298 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Natty Saturday
Yep YD... during the decisive 2nd qtr collapse, our O had consecutive 3 and outs where they used almost no clock because we were passing..

Can't do that...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #82299 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Natty Saturday
Now all we need to do is find a way to get Hershel Walker back and SBIV can just turn and hand the ball off 40 times and we're in like Flynt.

GO DAWGS! GATA!

Seriously, I think we need to go balls to the wall, don’t hold anything back and play lights out, win the game giving it everything we’ve got. Nobody can fault You for that, after all we do have a very good team.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
2 years 3 months ago #82300 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Natty Saturday
YD1,

One day late on the morning coffee. Cold here and wet. Icy and flurrying. Nice medium roast guatemalan steaming in the cup this morning.

Natty Sunday. I've been on media overload this week looking at all the angles of the game. Going to be an interesting game to say the least in looking at how both coaches make adjustments. One interesting stat I read was the last 5 Alabama defeats have all been in games where they gave up 40 or more points, which indicates that the way you have to beat them is trading scores and outlast them with big defensive stops at key points in the game.

I read a very interesting ESPN+ article where SEC coordinators breakdown the UGA v Bama matchup and what they expect to see from both teams. It was a superb analysis from the teams that actually played UGA and Bama this year.

If anyone is interested in reading it, I'll post it on here. Let me know.

More later on this afternoon on my thoughts for the game.

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds