Forum

2021 SEC Championship Week - Let's Talk About It

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #82128 by SouthernDawg
Alright gents, now that the gnats have been dispensed in a man-style beatdown, let's move on. Governor's Trophy is in the case. Let's move forward to the game we've all had on our wish list for a long time.

I have to admit that I am not nearly as worried about this game as I was at the beginning of the season if these two teams were to match in Atlanta. I have never seen such an undisciplined Saban team as I'm seeing out of this year's Bama team. More than once I've seen Bama players get into scuffles with each other on the sidelines. Last night it was the o-line getting pushed and chirpy on the sidelines. I have never seen so many dropped passes, missed routes, and lack of blocking from any Bama team under Saban as this year's team shows us. Last night against Auburn, last total I saw for penalties was 10 penalties for 114 yards. Pop said to me during that game "when's the last time you saw that out of a Saban team?" I had no answer.

Bryce Young is a talented young QB, for sure. But his achilles heel is being flushed out of the pocket. The Alabama o-line does him not favors. They are big, but they're not physical. Kirby preaches "big and physical" almost every press conference when discussing what he needs out of his lines. Anyone hanging around dawgs.com for any period of time knows that all of us for years have said that the game of football in the SEC is won on the line of scrimmage. If Bryce thought Auburn gave him fits last night, he ain't seen nothing yet.

Preparations for this game, I can guarantee are under way as I type this message. I'd be money that at 2am today, there was a bleary eyed Kirby Smart watching Bama film with a cup of coffee in his hand with his coordinators.

Of all the Georgia games I've watched over the years, this one is special. I want to see what we all want to see.

Let's talk about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 4 months ago #82129 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 2021 SEC Championship Week - Let's Talk About It
SD…. Spot on about your observations.. kudos to Pops also..

Bama has had way to many near misses this season…. Saban’s success

Is he is the CEO…. His skill is not teaching football…. but organize and motivation of his assistants…

Diving into Nick’s assistants tenure you notice it has become shorter and shorter… gone are the Kirby like staying and learning.. nope time
To make big bucks as a HC….

Championship week….. another brick in the wall …. 15-0. Still the goal…

Stay tuned…..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 4 months ago #82130 by Wartdawg
Saban's skill is recruiting players not just highly sought after with stars by their name, but highly sought after with stars by their name that will fit perfectly into his system. He is also highly skilled in over-recruiting.. gray-shirting: promising the world but only delivering that promise to some after seeing them live on the practice field.

We talked about this with Richt when he had great recruiting classes, but they never translated to champion caliber teams.

I do see more flaws in this year's 'Bama team, but I've never wanted to get excited about an opponent having a down year. I get excited about what we are capable of, and not hear about how our success only came from them having a bad year.

Ric Flair always says "In order to be the man, you have to beat the man", and right now Saban is still the man. I've see a lot of chatter out of UGA fans, but I'm not going to participate in it only to be embarrassed if we don't beat those bassturds in the SECCG. There's a history there, and you can bet that Saban will address the issues his offense faced against Auburn.

We also know that Saban and staff can come up with a defensive plan that takes away what an offense does best. Bet your bottom dollar that they will force SBIV to beat them, and they are going to have D-linemen prepared to stop their rush and get arms in the air while standing in the passing lanes.

Strap your helmets on fellas.. it's going to be a long hard day of work.

God bless and go Dawgs.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 4 months ago #82131 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic 2021 SEC Championship Week - Let's Talk About It
We all knew this is where to road would lead. As it should. To be the King one must first beat the King. It is time. The Alabamaness that made them so good for so long seems to now reside in Athens. Kirby was the key to their dominance and even Saban knows it.

Playing to a standard really means something now. The standard is perfection now just like it was for Lombardi way back when.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 4 months ago #82132 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic 2021 SEC Championship Week - Let's Talk About It
KD…… the meaning of excellent has never changed…

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
2 years 4 months ago #82133 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic 2021 SEC Championship Week - Let's Talk About It
I posted over on another forum my thoughts on what our defensive weaknesses are, if there are any. I think the one area where our defense can be considered vulnerable is in the secondary against an up tempo offense. If you go back to the first quarter of either the UGA/UT game or the UGA/USC game and watch how they moved the chains on us, they did it by running up tempo offenses and shot quick slants across the middle and flairs to the flats. 10 yards, hand off, 10 yards, 10 yards, then a 25-30 yard pass and kept it moving.

And in the South Carolina game, same thing.

I agree with Wart (imagine that) on a Saban game plan that is going to involve making SBIV perform. And I also am right there with refusing to smoke the hopium yet. I have the hopium pipe packed in one hand and the lighter in another with my thumb on the flint, but I'm not taking a drag off of it until we dispense with Alabama.

This game is not a foregone conclusion. I am 100% confident that Saban will have a game plan to exploit any weakness UGA has. Thank goodness we don't have many of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds