Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21

2 years 7 months ago #81816 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Week three see us playing the Gamecocks for our SEC opener at Sanford. My default setting about our schedule... remains… it is perfect for us to heal and play our younger players to give them game time experience… It is also an opportunity for us to have our starters play together and get better…

Word from the talking heads is HC Beamer making progress in getting the program in Columbia back on track and heading in the right direction…

He has heaped praise for our team and HC…. Kirby was quick to call out this “ Rat poison “ fun to hear a coach calling out coach speak...

There are two former assistant Georgia coaches who are now SEC Head coaches who we play this season…. Kirby has started is own tree….

I am sure CKS will add to that number….

With all the noise about how great our D-line is … how many remember how our HC's wisdom was questioned in hiring Trey Scott as our D-Line coach way back in 2017 ? Seems like I remember … hearing how we would miss Rodney…. I am extremely happy the way things worked out….

After all his coaching experience was outside the SEC mostly in the ACC at UNC …. As a player he played at Arkansas Tech … not a exactly a school that is recognized as developing great college players….

For the most part Kirby has been able to make solid hires to our Georgia coaching staff … yes we all are aware of the misfires but he admitted to his errors by finding and hiring replacements…. In a timely manner… well most of the time…. It was timely…..

Yes I have wandered off the my Game Day blog …. OK back to this weeks game…. Dawgs win and cover..

Interesting that UAB had 24 point spread while the Chicken are a plus 30 or in some books 32 ….. hmmmm… like always Vegas knows….

Don’t have any mind blowing player matchups…. To discuss… OK who is going to be starting QB… doesn’t matter …. Is this the week that our run game shows up ??

With our young OL and jus might be game experience that flips the switch and unleashes all that raw talent …. Fingers crossed …

When all else fails … there is the weather to talk about…. There is a currently showing a 50% chance of rain showers at Kickoff ….. Oh joy….

After Saturday night game … we will have completed 25% of our regular season…. Savor every play….

Just win… play every down don’t take your foot of the gas…. Shake hands.. shower and enjoy having Sunday off….

Growl …. Make that fried chicken.. extra crispy …. Please ….

Continue to check on family and friends often….

Pause and give thanks..

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “ Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81818 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21
Happy Game Day Friday all..

YD1 - as usual, spot on commentary. This is a "just win it" game. I took UGA at -28.5 early.

Lots of chatter about whether JT is good to go. Don't care, didn't ask. Not interested in the QB injury drama. Play the one that is healthy and gives us the best chance to win. If it's Beck, then play him. If it's Bennett, then play him. If it's the water boy and he knows the play book and CKS thinks he's the best shot we have to win - play him. I refuse to hang on tenterhooks regarding who goes under center at 7pm in Athens.

While there's no marquee matchups, this is a game where I think we're going to see some defensive pressure. Obviously that D is still Muschamp's D, and if there's one thing he did well there it was built a defensive that could do the job when they were on their "A" game. Right now, our young O-Line isn't getting the holes opened for our running game to dominate. That's gonna have to change and CKS is well aware of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monken loosen up their backfield early to try to take some of the pressure off the O-line to get in their groove in the Q2 & Q3.

This is a game that we should win on physicality alone. I feel confident in my -28.5 UGA. This is another matchup where we need to match the Vegas line. Yeah, it really is. Just go out there, and run over them. Keep scoring until its 0:00 on the board in Q4.

Will be watching Podlesny carefully in this game. Needs to get his act together and put the ball between the uprights. 1 for 3 under 39 yards this season is unacceptable.

UGA 45, SC 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
2 years 7 months ago #81819 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21
SD… you touched all the bases with your game thoughts…

I agree that it’s likely that the Chickens defense is ahead of their offense…at this time..

Sounds like we may have a WR back.. Jackson has had a good week of practice….

I would like to see another good game from Bowers..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #81820 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21
Much good posting about this game.
Up to now it has been short passes getting the job done.
Kicker needs a little field goal practice.

I'm looking forward to seeing some running and long ball. Maybe this game.

Want to go to the game? Buy Tickets at StubHub Offical Ga Dawgs ticket site:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

2 years 7 months ago #81825 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21
Well Dan Mullen and his lizards look like the hot garbage we knew they were.

Game day Saturday is off to a great start!

GO DAWGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
2 years 7 months ago #81826 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday#3 17-09-21
Yes... once again Florida proves who they are.....

... and so does Alabama.

Not going to ridicule the Gaydors too much as they are 1 up on us in the what have you done for me lately scorecard.

Hoping to see solid offense against a stronger opponent. Really tired of the offense being a problem against good opponents, and tired of the excuses.

Sic 'em

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds