Forum

This and that

3 years 2 months ago #81658 by yankeedawg1
This and that was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Some of my post SB thoughts .... it has been noted here numerous times the importance of having a good OL..

The Chiefs OL performance was reflected in the final score... playing both back up tackles showed the necessity of quality depth on the OL .... our lackluster OL performance in the Peach Bowl also pointed this out.. however, our pass pro was able to keep JT upright most of the game.... unlike Mahomes last night.... JT posted a similar observation... on Twitter...

Extremely difficult to generate a passing game when running for your life .... as Wart and Kentdaddy..correctly noted

Alabama has been the college example of having a dominating OL .... regardless who was playing QB...

Yes replacing our secondary is going to be very important... just as important is getting our OL player positions sorted out..

And developing depth.... fingers crossed that we have a legit spring camp to get some of theses issues addressed...

Stay safe and well... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 2 months ago #81659 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic This and that
All those years the Patriots were winning they focused on O Line play. Belicheck knew that is he kept Brady upright he always had a chance to win. In the SB losses to the Giants the D line of JPP, Tuck, Strahan and the rest pounded Brady. In the Game ATL gave away they pounded Brady in the first half too. Then they stopped.

A great O Line makes OK players seem better than they are at other skill positions. The Patriots don't waste huge salary cap money on WRs and RBs. They use reclamation projects or other cheap options knowing that if Brady has time people will be open and he will find them.

Honestly I was hoping Dimitroff would have learned that before he came to the Falcons, but no he dumped huge money into Julio Jones and never fixed the line.

If I were building a team in pro or college it would always start in the trenches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
3 years 2 months ago #81660 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic This and that
KD....

Spot on your with your OL wisdoms... I grew up watching the glory years of Green Bay and Lombardi...

Their OL kept Starr upright and made a successful career of dinking and dunking passes for first downs and eating clock..

Sunday after Sunday... yes knew the toss sweep was coming.. to the left or right.. didn’t matter.... OL was going to seal the edge.... pulling guards went headhunting for a LB or DB to pancake ... RB was turned up field looking for the open field

As you correctly noted.... not sexy or glitzy...just sound football..that wins games...

I believe Coach Luke will have our OL dialed in by the time we head to Charlotte..... no lack of size ,speed and talent....

Stay well.... Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #81661 by kentdaddy
And opening with Clemson.....man o man. The ESPN types have already anointed their new QB with a name I cannot pronounce as the new savior.

I personally would love to see him get hit about a dozen times.

More
3 years 2 months ago #81662 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic This and that
KD...... you are being kind.... only a dozen times..... I believe our front 7 on defense will be key helping to disrupt passing game of anyone we play.... this will allow our young secondary to gain experience....

I Still see Jordan Davis chasing down Cincinnati’s QB in the Peach Bowl ... Clemson’s OL will be tested....

Pleasant surprises will be provided by our LB’s .... happy Anderson is returning.... look for him to show leadership..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 2 months ago #81663 by kentdaddy
I am so glad big #99 came back. If he has a great year he could be a top ten pick.

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds