Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20

3 years 6 months ago #81215 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Game Day Friday #2.... Gus Bus rolling into Athens for our first home game.... And our first night game... 20k plus Dawg fans in Sanford... prime time TV stage..... love CKS... fired Gus’s coach speak right back at him...

Much talk among the talking heads on who will be our starting QB..

As I have posted earlier the challenges of the season bring a new dynamic to how we look at college football... that includes our starting QB...

Fact is we are still adjusting on the fly with Jamie’s opting to sit out this season I respect his decision however it forces us to move on to plan B.....

Imho... Plan B.... may have us using multiple QB’s this season... voices here have spoke of wanting HC to consider doing this.... several reasons for following this course..among them Covid-19 and playing a all conference schedule....

Pro’s and Con’s on this subject are many....

I believe Kirby would rather have a settled starter in place and only use a backup in extreme circumstances..... Fromm... Murray... Stanford... et.al..

That was then.... this is now....

The can’t continue to play like we did in the first half of Arkansas and win games horse is officially Dead!! Move on....

We welcome ... The Auburn Tigers.... Auburn War Eagles... Auburn Plainsmen.... To Athens....

Heads on ESPN.... predicting .... defensive battle... 13-10 Dawgs.... hmmm.... maybe not

After watching Auburn struggle with Kentucky last week I think our defense will give Bo Nix and company a big Bulldog greeting to Sanford.

No I am not reverting to consuming any Kool-Aid.... but as bad as our “O” looked last week in the first half .... I expect improvements regardless who the starting QB Is.... In truth we should see improvements on both sides of the ball as our season progresses....

I feel if we avoid silly penalties and keep our focus we can take care of business and send the Gus Bus back to Alabama blowing blue smoke.

Growl.... family asked for Mom’s chicken enchiladas..... eat early...clean up kitchen so all can enjoy the game.... me I am in charge of keeping adult beverages chilled in the cooler.... no worries ... I am up to the task with a great amount of experience.....

Pause and give thanks

Continue to check on your family and friends often.....

Have a safe weekend and week...

As always “Go Dawgs “

Sent from my iPad

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 6 months ago #81216 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20
I think what will happen and what I agree with is SB IV should start, he deserves it. JT will come in the game to get some time after a 2-3 drives or early 2nd qtr depending on how the game goes, and we roll with the hot hand. Eventually 1 guy will win the job, but that will probably be determined pretty quickly over the next two games. (Mathis will see limited time with what will undoubtedly be the same very predictable stuff we did with Fields.)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
3 years 6 months ago #81217 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20
All good points Wart..... agree QB position will work itself out .... hopefully sooner than later....

Defense will continue to get better ..... special teams the same....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 6 months ago #81218 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20
Get the running game rolling and the QB position is a lot easier.

More
3 years 6 months ago #81219 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20
KD....

Be a wonderful idea for the road graders to show up this week .... RB’s.... ball security.... catch the dang ball....
We need Zamir and Cook to clear the fog and crank it up ....

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
3 years 6 months ago #81220 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday #2 02-10-20
It's always a great idea to get the running game rolling and then you don't have to worry with much, but how many times have we had great players on our O-line and great running backs get shut down by big tough SEC d-lines?

Better have a good plan at QB.....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds