Forum

2021: Vandagriff or Williams?

4 years 3 months ago #80923 by BulldogShannon
2021: Vandagriff or Williams? was created by BulldogShannon
Short answer: EITHER ONE will do.

Williams is slightly faster, but BV has a better passing game.
Both are mobile. Either one would help UGA in 2021-2023 or so.
Watching BV video and he reminds me a little of John Rhyes Plumlee. He won't be confused with Mike Vic, but he can run and make defenders miss.

Caleb Williams is also awesome.

I'll take either one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80939 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic 2021: Vandagriff or Williams?
Let me just say before anything else, I'm glad to see plentiful conversation on Dawgs.com lately. Glad to see some new pups emerging to talk Dawgs football and putting the old names like me aside for some fresh conversation.

Regarding Vandagriff or Williams, I'd be happy with either one but if I had to choose, I'd say give me Caleb Williams. I'm really ready to see us take a hiatus from a pro style QB in favor of a dual threat one. Having a true and pure dual threat QB as the uncontested starter would force the playbook to get a revolutionary change that is needed. I am not on the bandwagon that we need to abandon the run. I'm happy that we're a run-first offense. But UGA's offensive mindset up to this point has been essentially the caboose of the SEC train that became disconnected from the cars last season and rolled to a full stop. It would give us a fresh makeover that is desperately needed, and it would conform to the time we're in that seems to be phasing out the pro style pistol pocket passer, at least in the SEC.

Williams would be the mulligan I think Kirby needs from the Justin Fields debacle. While I have no intention of resurrecting my discontent over Fields' exit and how he was managed while here, I'll just say that Caleb Williams could be something truly special and could ease a lot of the butt-hurt-ed-ness I've seen online over how Fields was handled by righting the perceived wrongs.

Vandagriff has a cannon of an arm and is mobile. He reminds me a lot of Trevor Lawrence but Willams' wheels are smoking fast and his arm is impressive.

Either one of these two is exactly what UGA needs for the 2021 season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80952 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic 2021: Vandagriff or Williams?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80953 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic 2021: Vandagriff or Williams?
Awesome pickup. I want to say this "gingerly" without being taken out of context. Looks like many of us (not this site, just "us" as a fan base in general) debated between Williams and Vandagriff.

I started this thread by stating I'd take either one.

I hope people don't assume that because Vandagriff fits a certain "stereotype", that they assume we are getting another "crafty pocket passer"....

This kid was laser timed 4.65 / 40.....Williams was 4.55 /40........that is splitting hairs. BV also had a great shuttle time and has a 37 vertical. He DEFINITELY has the skills to be called a dual threat. Was Burrow a "dual-threat"? NO. But could he escape pressure and extend plays? YES....I submit that BV is a better "athlete" than Burrow.

I say all that to say this.............BV can run the same style offense we would have run had we gotten Caleb Williams. .........Both QB's are awesome and both will have great careers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80954 by Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80955 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic 2021: Vandagriff or Williams?
I notice Brock plays in the Georgia private school classification...does anyone familiar with Georgia's high school sports scene know how the level of competition compares to the public schools there?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds