Forum

from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14

4 years 3 months ago #80511 by yankeedawg1
from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning all,

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving…..

Wishing Cager a speedy and complete recovery ….. he has had a very difficult season dealing with injuries …..

A truly overworked phrase….. “next man up”….. however, completely truthful ….. in the case of our receivers ….maybe it should be next men up…

It’s not unreasonable to think with the talent we have that we may be looking at several pups stepping up……

Tech game will provide the opportunity …….. I can remember myself and others suggesting using Keith Marshall as a slot receiver …. We saw it once in my memory….. first bowl game against Nebraska …. Right sideline back shoulder fade …… Touchdown…..

We have a similar back in.…. James Cook ….. he has been used on jet sweeps and bubble screens…..he has good hands….

My thinking is we are not going to see a bunch of new plays against Tech…. Can see us working on our passing game…..trying to build confidence …

Me thinks everything else will be saved and worked on for the SECCG….

Can remember the posts after the egg we laid against the Chickens…. And rightly so….. first the Gators and then Assburn were going to end our dreams

For this season……. Hasn’t happened yet….

May still happen….. the game has to be played…. Remember ..the heads yacking when we played Assburn in the SECCG…… we were going to get run out of the Benz…. All the way to Marietta….. didn’t happen…

As Buc as pointed out….. we match up pretty well with LSU….. so let’s just go play the game…..

Extremely happy not to be facing the Tech triple option this year…….. play to our standard…..take care of business quickly …… get a lead… rest our staters…. get our pups more game experience ….. shake their hand, shower… get on the bus…. Ring the chapel bell… enjoy the 24 hrs … Back to work..
On Monday…… bigger pile of chips sitting in the middle of the table…..

Pause and give thanks……. Many blessings…

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80512 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14
Your post brings several thoughts to mind yankeedawg1.

Remember the Nebraska game in Orlando, both Sadlerdawg and I were in attendance. Didn't get to meet up but both of us there for the same cause. Marshall had the Red and Black side roaring as Conley did on his reception from AM. Nebraska had a good football team. One of the hightlights of that game was Richt collaring Grantham on the sideline for the way he was acting. Richt was as pissed as I had ever seen him. Soon Grantham was to leave and land in Louisville.

Not sure what is going on with the James Cook case. What little I can gather is Kirby "wants more" from Cook. My "belief" is that Smart knows there is "more" and he is not going to be satisfied with less. When Blaylock signed on it made playing time harder to get simply because Blaylock came and "made himself" a valuable cog in the weekly game plans. Number 8 stays healthly, he will cause a lot of headaches for other SEC teams. Back to Cook, little doubt that James has all or most of the "stuff" that good football players possess. When and if the light turns on, Cook will show the FANS what his teammates rave about during practice. There will be a lot of conversaton(s) about James Cook between now and the 2020 Season.

Have little doubt that Smart and Company are looking forward to LSU and the meeting in Atlanta. LSU scores a lot of points, they also give up points. While LSU has played against some solid defenses, one or two, UGA will be the best (overall) defense they have faced. Overall defense proved itself against Auburn. Little doubt that strong offensive and defensive lines rule the SEC and other conferences. Georgia defense seems to have that special something when backs are against the wall.

There is a lot and I mean a lot of talent on our team that does not or has not seen a lot of action in 2019. Bodes well for 2020. Smart and Company have built something special for all of us in a few short years. Might I suggest, "spoiled many of us". Many more college grade athletes coming out of high school than ever before. I played in the 1950's . . . . have witnessed the many changes in college football. Looks nothing like 1950 football, trust me. ;)

Should have good weather Saturday for GT. Smart and Company won't release anything close to their game plan for LSU the following week.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 3 months ago #80513 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14
Excellent points Buc, early line on SECCG has us at a 3 point

Underdog to the number one team in the country....

Vegas knows it should be a competitive game...

The next step....is the next step.....

Time to take care of business... “To Hell with Tech “

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80516 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14
Cager pretty much already ruled out for the SEC championship.

Look for that line to move.

Really bad news... we are a different team without him.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80518 by growl
Replied by growl on topic from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14
We are going to have to suck it up and find a way

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80520 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic from Athens - Game Day Friday # 14
Chief...... at times adversity can be a powerful motivator..

Let’s hope this is such a time for our Dawgs....

Weather shouldn’t be a factor....

Find some points to build on......

Sun is peeking through in the Classic City... pretty morning shaping

Up.....coffee in hand... working on preparation for tailgating

Enjoy WRECKING TECH........Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More