Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7

4 years 5 months ago #80218 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Before moving on to this weeks game a brief acknowledgement to my fellow Dawgs.com posters who posted comments after the SC game and on into this week ….

We shared comments and thoughts without attacking each other…. Not so many years ago Boss Dawg had to address issues that didn’t represent

Who we wanted to be as a forum.. thankfully we have moved on….. Kudos to all…..

Looks like we are in for Mud Bowl “19” for Saturday night…. 80% chance of rain with the high being 57….. and it’s Homecoming weekend..

It is what it is …. Both teams will have to make adjustments …..

Earlier I posted that November will bring more surprises ….. for all of college football not just us…..

And yes we will know more about who we are and the direction our program is trending…..

Several comments made here about HC over thinking and maybe to much of a micromanager ….. strings may be a might tight…..

Wart and others made the valid point he can’t coach being afraid … or …. Coaching not to lose rather that coaching to win..

Buc … you many times pointed out … to watch a coaches body language on the sidelines ….. be watching CKS Saturday night….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always Go Dawgs !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80219 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7
Time to get right...

I see a lot of doubt creeping in and even comparisons to Richt, but I don't really agree with that sentiment.

With Richt, I had issue with his team building. He seemed to want to build a team from the outside in instead of from the inside out. He put that shiny hood ornament first and foremost and worried about the frame and the engine after that.

Say what you want about the results, but Kirby is going about team building the correct way.. from the ground up.. Put the frame down first with the lines.. get you a solid engine.. find a solid driver and then put the shiny hood ornament on last.

The only question we have with Kirby is now that it's been built, will he ever really let it loose on the track without the self imposed governor on the engine?

It does no good to have a Mustang GT but demand it gets driven like a grandmother going to church in her Buick until it's too late.

It's time to unleash our offense, and no that has nothing to do with throwing 40 times a game. I've said all along you can still be run first... just need to be creative about. Creative with the number of different running plays used... different with how often you run inside and outside of the tackles... different in how you use linemen spacing to create wider gaps in the interior... different in play sequencing...

Maybe time to scrap Chaney's 2 page playbook. It's always going to read the same no matter who is holding it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80220 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7
Really good read WartDawg. Meaning I believe that you are spot on.

Several of your comments stuck out . . . . meaning on the plus + side.

One comment that I totally agree with and have mentioned a time or two as have you. . . .

different in how you use linemen spacing to create wider gaps in the interior...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80221 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7
-yankeedawg1 said "We shared comments and thoughts without attacking each other." Yes YD1, This is who I wanted us to be as a forum.. discuss the issues and not each other. My idea of being friends and learning from each other. You guys make me happy I kept this site going for the last 20 years. Thank you.

YD1 also said "comments made here about HC over thinking and maybe to much of a micromanager ….. strings may be a might tight….."
My comment about leadership and my friend Lee Ellis was an attempt to address the micro managing issue. Great leaders do not have to micro manage. The people they choose for their management team have to learn from their own mistakes.
Kirby has a head start on coaching defense and recruiting. A good view into how a successful coach (Saban) and team work. A meeting between Lee and Kirby could quickly hone all his skills into one neat package for Head Coach Kirby Smart.
Which ever way the course runs, that is my take on where it needs to go.

College football. I love it. Win some, lose a couple. All fun.

Back to work. Gotta game tomorrow.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

4 years 5 months ago #80222 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7
I have personal experience with privately owned companies who

Hire consultants to look at how they can become more profitable...

After a period of time the consultants submit a action report...

After ownership reviews...they then proceed to declare that they

Know their business the best...and ignore the suggestions..

Point is HC ....seeks input from others..... he best review closely

However.....imho.... Kirby knows what needs to change and now he

Just needs the self confidence to do it.....loosen the strings...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80223 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens - Game Day Friday # 7
It is hard to manage a company when you can't keep 'employees' more than 4 years. The best ones usually leave after 3 years.

From all I read here the coaches are not synced up properly and some on the job training goes on at the sidelines. The team can sense that. Then the fans catch on.

I agree CKS knows what needs doing and his perception is properly vetted in experience. No outside consultants needed.
Getting it done quickly with the least mistakes is the challenge he faces. That comes from leadership experience. It wouldn't hurt to seek outside advice from successful folks on that one. That would also increase self confidence.

Kirby Smart is going to get the job done. It will take a lot more than the hiccups along the way to discourage me.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds