Forum

Where's Buc?

4 years 6 months ago #80208 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Where's Buc?
SimpleDawg, really good point on the Sugar Bowl.

Reminds me a bit of NASCAR. Team boss sits in the booth, team players are getting the cars in and out of the pits.Everyone is on the team for a reason.

I really believe there is a lot of "added pressure" on the entire coaching staff. New buildings, lots of money being spent. Watched what some of the players had to say on youtube, appears to me that they are being true to the team and team mates, but . . . . sometimes it is not too hard to "read between the lines". Might be that Kirby "somehow" has to relax a little more, if he has relaxed at all.

Hoping to see a lot of positive changes in the games ahead. I am still on the Kirby wagon, Kirby will be the deciding factor when all is said and done. Never hurts to "listen". As Judge Judy says to those before her . . . . LISTEN . . . . TWO EARS, ONE MOUTH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #80209 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Where's Buc?
Lots of talk about coach management issues aka "Leadership".
Of all the things he brings to the table leadership is least developed.

So this game has brought to light that Kirby needs to develop his leadership skills.

A childhood friend of mine from Commerce, Georgia runs a company that does just that. His name is Lee Ellis. His mama was my 7th grade homeroom and science teacher. She inspired me greatly. Of course Lee is a Dawg fan.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_F._%22Lee%22_Ellis
www.leadingwithhonor.com/about/about-lee-ellis-and-team/

We should hook those two guys up.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #80210 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Where's Buc?
Buc,

So glad to hear from you. Dawgs.com hasn't been the same without the commentary you gave above. And of course, I agree with everything.

Nothing excuses this loss this past week, but I will say that from a coaching perspective - this one had it all. It was the perfect storm of all of our inadequacies. Those who have said they've seen the problems brewing over the first six games weren't making it up. Even this week, we saw a post by Limey bemoaning the "slow starts." Eventually slow starts are going to catch up with you, no matter how good a team may be suffering from it. But slow starts are a cover up for the real problem. We saw the real problem this past week.

Regarding the coaching issues - if anyone bothered to watch that clip of yesterday's media day pre-Kentucky, Kirby lectured us (once again) on the turnover margin. He said, and I quote "guys, when you turn the ball over four times in the SEC, you're not going to win a game. Period."

Well, let's throw the BS flag. There, I threw it. Did ya'll see it? Bottom line is this coach - don't try to smear mayo on the BS burger. Even WITH the turnovers, you had the opportunity to win the game with 13 seconds left, and then you had the opportunity to win the game with 8 second left. So while I agree with Kirby in principle, that upwards of 80% of the time those who win the turnover battle win the game, it's not impossible to pull it out. And that's exactly what should have happened. I saw the disappointment on Rod's face and heard it in his voice when he said "I was ready." Even in spite of all the turnovers and the absolutely abysmal performance your team put on - you had the chance to win the game in the SEC and you didn't take it. So don't give me the "you can't win games with four turnovers" business.

Each season, Kirby has given us a pivotal boneheaded call that costs us a huge game. It mirrors almost perfectly the same one boneheaded "Georgia" game that Georgia gives us every year. I've heard some give the reason that he's a young coach. No sir, not buying that. He's on year 4 at UGA, and he spent 12 seasons co-running the most successful football team in college football history. He's not a young coach. I've heard some say that he was "too cheap" to go pull down marquee coordinators to replace Coach Tucker and Coach Chaney. I don't buy it. Money is the least obstacle with the UGA program right now.

Do I think Coach Coley should be fired? No. Do I think Coach Lanning should be fired? No. Do I think ANYONE should be fired? Hell no I don't. That's the clarion call of idiots. But I do think it's time for Kirby to do more than take a look in the mirror. I am tired of hearing about mirrors. I am tired of hearing about our goals being in front of us. I thought that I'd never see the level of arrogance again out of a head coach that I saw out of Richt, but I'm seeing the brewing storm of it in Kirby. I've never once heard him admit he made a mistake. Newsflash - it's okay to admit you made a mistake. You don't need to start throwing the kitchen sink of excuses as to why you made a decision not to take a shot at the FG at the end of regulation that every single person in that stadium right down to the parking lot attendant outside knew you should have taken. Everyone knows that the 2 minute time management in critical games has proven to be a serious weakness under Kirby. Can it be fixed? Absolutely - IF error is admitted.

Pride goeth before the fall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, SimpleDawg

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 6 months ago #80211 by Buc
SouthernDawg, I watched the same words spoken as you point out below.

Regarding the coaching issues - if anyone bothered to watch that clip of yesterday's media day pre-Kentucky, Kirby lectured us (once again) on the turnover margin. He said, and I quote "guys, when you turn the ball over four times in the SEC, you're not going to win a game. Period."

Past my bedtime, will comment on much that you have said above tomorrow.

More
4 years 6 months ago #80212 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Where's Buc?
Agree this is a double BS burger.....

Avoids talking about the 800 LB gorilla in the room

And that’s the absence of .... clock management...... adjustments on

Defense and offense .... repeating calling of failed plays.... lackluster

OL play ..... etc.etc..... extremely close Coach speak...

Time to focus on the Wildcats....and beyond...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 6 months ago #80213 by Buc
Sometimes it is worth taking a look at what others have to say. Again comes down for me something like this . . . . Not necessarily losing the game, it's the way we lost the game. Nothing wrong with asking our players to do more, also nothing wrong with asking our coaching staff to do the same. I hope that Kirby is aware of FANS that do know a little about the game. I also take note of the "talking heads in the media" rating Georgia in the top 4 or 5 up until the South Carolina game. Some having us on the top of the heap. Enough room for FANS and media alike to question how a very "talented team" gets knocked on their butts, at home before a very large FAN base in attendance. Folks down my way in Florida are expressing their thoughts about JAX. I do not like "mullen" . . . . am aware of some of the trash he spews down this way. Yes, I understand we have Kentucky this week, will be interesting to see whether or not we finally figure out what our "tight ends" are all about.

Some interesting comments from those on the site below.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2019/10/16/you-h...s-kirby-has-answers/

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds