Forum

Georgia Football

5 years 3 months ago #79480 by Buc
Georgia Football was created by Buc
Lots of folks excited about Cade Mays and others . . . . That includes Kirby. Coach mentions Mays in his press conference.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, BulldogShannon, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79481 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia Football
Another thought or two about the next defensive coordinator. Discussed the replacement for Mel Tucker last week or so and my thought was Glenn Schumann would be a good choice for that position.

Having watched Kirby since his arrival in Athens, every Saturday he and Mel could/would be seen close to each other on the sideline. Often discussing whatever situation they would come up with for the following play(s). Mel Tucker was a very good Defensive Coordinator and there will be some situations in the near future that Kirby would like to have Mel still roaming the sidelines with him.

Kirby Smart having been involved with the defensive side of the ball for so long, still makes sense to me that Glenn Schumann standing alongside Kirby on Saturdays takes a lot of the mystery out of the defensive calls. Many of the players currently playing in Athens and some on the recruiting trail speak highly of Schumann's knowledge.

Do not think that Smart will allow too much time to pass before naming the next DC.

Seems others have the same thought.

dawnofthedawg.com/2018/12/15/georgia-foo...nsive-coordinator/2/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79482 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia Football
Buc... we have shared before the CKS is focused and extremely detailed oriented.....and ...insists that he has the comfort factor with his staff... for this reason I agree the natural selection would be Coach Schumann... then go get an elite secondary coach like
He did with our WR coach... always tweaking the process...

Book it ...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
5 years 2 months ago #79533 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia Football
A trend in CFB I HATE..

DeAndre Baker to skip the Sugar Bowl as he prepares for NFL draft.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 2 months ago #79534 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia Football
Agree Wart..... however faced with the same choice ..... huge risk

missing the draft due to injury.... and the money that awaits in the NFL....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 2 months ago #79537 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia Football
We will have to disagree on "HUGE risk".

The risk of that sort of injury isn't huge, and even if it happened it would only cost him a few spots with his known talent. I think if you actually do math on how often that type of injury happens, it would be obvious that it is a very small risk.

There is little to say to sway me on the subject, because that's just the guy I am. I would want to be there for my teammates and the university that gave me the opportunity to make it to the NFL.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds