Forum

RED and BLACK

5 years 4 months ago #79459 by Buc
RED and BLACK was created by Buc
Thoughts . . . .

I get great pleasure watching these talented young athletes "Commit to the G". Even greater pleasure when I reflect on years past compared to this recent "coaching turn around" that has occurred in Athens. Not only getting young men that wear the "G" proudly, young folks that "know" committing to UGA/"G" are going to be "coached up". All or most of us know that has not always been the case in Athens. Amazes me when thinking about a change at the top having corrected sins of the past. Comes down to "knowledge" of the game and coaching that proves talent can and will produce wearing the Red and Black. Have more to say about this, chirp in if you agree or have something to add.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79460 by growl
Replied by growl on topic RED and BLACK
The" Red and Black"," Silver Britches", those are my favorite phrases in the world of Football. I can understand why a young player can get into the thick of things here at UGA. I know that if I had of been good enough that is what I would have chosen so many years ago, but I chose the one team bigger in my opinion the USN, and I got to match up with some pretty good athletes at the different bases where I was stationed. All in all I cant complain,but always wanted to be a DAWG.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79461 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic RED and BLACK
Spot on Buc.... recruits who want to wear the “G”...

And.....playing between the hedges truly means something...

me thinks we will see again in the next eight days the.....the process will again move forward with new and quality pups joining the ranks....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago #79462 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RED and BLACK
Yankeedawg1, while Alabama remains on a high level, I shudder to think how SEC football might be/look if Smart and Company were not located in Athens. Remembering Kirby Smart's offer from the previous head coach to return to Athens as an assistant. Also remember Nick's words of wisdom to Kirby about waiting out the "process", his future was bright, need not make the mistake of building or supporting the platform of someone already seated in the "big seat". If Kirby had wanted to remain an assistant, what better place at the time than Alabama. Bet this . . . . if Nick Saban for some reason decided to retire or move on, first call to Kirby Smart would have a Tuscaloosa zip code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79463 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic RED and BLACK
Buc... feel there is a mutual respect between KS and NS...

NS ... recognizes KS has the it factor to be a very successful

HC ...... Kirby has the experience of being a Dawg...which

Translates to being able to not only talk the talk but he can

walk the walk.....if he was to coach elsewhere he would lose this

Advantage..... more in this week’s. BPS......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago #79464 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RED and BLACK
Do not know of course how many folks tune in to the site below. Some interesting chatter me thinks . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds