Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18

5 years 5 months ago #79216 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

First some ramblings before offering thoughts on our trip to Lexington.

I have touched on this in an earlier post…. But is worthy of expanding and repeating….

The level of knowledge shared by those who take time to post and share their thought has without question risen under our new HC.

I truly look forward to reading what others are thinking about what they are seeing with our football program….. just maybe Richting extended to the fans as while as our players…..hmmmm…

I had an interesting discussion with a local this week…. The question in play was…. Was it realistic to think we could compete with Alabama in just three years into a coaching tenure…. While the Tide has been under Saban for 12 years….. or four times that amount of time…. Recruiting and player development …… quality depth….

My answer was yes ….. look at the Cam Newton effect …. One year .. one Natty…. I think it also possible were you have several players on both sides of the ball that produce a synergy….. that’s why I say….

Let the games play out on the field…. Followed this up with a disclaimer that if you are going to compete year after year for Natties…. The Saban/Smart coaching model will prove the most successful….. IMHO..

This week like every remaining game…. win and move on ….

Kentucky is a good football team… and they are playing at home…

Having said that …. Bulldogs have lost two season games…. Auburn last year and LSU this year…. Both teams from the SEC West…. Both road games…

Kentucky’s only loss this season on the road at A & M …. Also a SEC West team…..

Looking at Mizzou which was a road game for both KY and Georgia…. We looked better in our win…..

We play like we did at LSU the results will be the same….

We play like we did in JAX the results will also be the same….

I see our loss at LSU as the wakeup call we needed …. Players and coaches….

Good to have TE’s getting touches ….. causes defenses gas pains…

Just Win Baby……. Start fast…stay focused ….. let the road graders work.. Dawgs take care of business….

Growl …. Nice fall day ….. the grill will be in action….

Pause and give thanks

Have a safe weekend and a great week

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 months ago #79217 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18
After the Faron Bauta debacle in JAX, I reluctantly joined the “CMR has to go” chorus. Now I wonder what took me so long.

We all know CMR got a TON of talent. So does CKS. Biggest difference from my view? Focus on the “O” and “D” lines, depth and never feeling like the moment is too big. Eggs laid at Auburn and LSU? For sure. How do you react? Continue the downward spiral or bounce back? We see the answer. Another big test in Lexington. I can’t wait.

Go ‘dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79218 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18
Thank goodness these are not the Mark Richt Bulldogs that you could count on to fall flat on their faces in EVERY big game. They are now a team that you can count on to be competitive from game to game that keeps their foot on the gas when leading. That was so frustrating for years! Yes there are still times with this young team that we see lapses in judgement and coaching errors, but when Saban took over a struggling Bama team 12 years ago they struggled, its a process that has to be practiced as so many have stated here over the last couple years, and we see results coming to fruition.

Think the Dawgs take care of business tomorrow, just need the OL and DL to get it on.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79219 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18
Good reads above . . . .

Sometimes I like to step away from the chatter that I hear over and over locally. Get a view that is looked at by those outside the circle. Once more . . . . 2019 Class is incredibly important.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
5 years 5 months ago #79220 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18
YD1, Amen on this... "The level of knowledge shared by those who take time to post and share their thought has without question risen under our new HC. I truly look forward to reading what others are thinking about what they are seeing with our football program."

New coach, new day.
Go Dawgs!

your pal, SteveDawg

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

5 years 5 months ago #79221 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #9 3-11-18
yd1 know that you and growl and probably many on this board will be putting the grill to good use. Starting today my first arrivals are here for the wife's birthday, son's birthday, and sisters birthday. Will all be together for several days. Our home will be rocking, noise will probably be heard in Kentucky. Dawgs FANS within.

My daughter brought some dolphin (mahi mahi) from South Florida from the crew on the Sandman. Will sous vide the dolphin this evening along with some lobster tails that also found their way here.

Below are a couple of links to the Sandman site(s) that the fish were caught on. Great boat that fishes all or most major tournaments. The numbers you hear in the video below are true and accurate.

Mahi Mahi sous vide and on the grill . . . . YUM.

Last but not least . . . . Go Dawgs!

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds