Forum

Football is Close . . . .

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78502 by Buc
Football is Close . . . . was created by Buc
Now that the basketball coaching question has been answered, time to refocus on the upcoming 2018 Football Season.

Have watched the video below and while the views are selected, all of us know that we played in the last game of the college season. Did not turn out exactly as wanted, but it was one heck of a year.

Many of the players on the video below are returning, of course some of those leaving also leave questions that will be answered in the Spring practice and G-Day Game. Not totally answered of course, there is still the Fall practices to "determine" who starts on the first Saturday in Sanford.

Read recently a quote by the high school coach of Jamaree Salyer and Andrew Thomas. Coach said if we liked the way Thomas plays, we will love the way Salyer plays. If that is the case, my confidence continues to grow about our offensive line. Also, watching the video below gives me a chance to focus on more than just quarterback play, which by the way was outstanding.

Not meaning to start a "mess" with this comment, but I have to say . . . . . Coach Jim Chaney, offensive coordinator has an absolute world of talent at his fingertips. Offensively this Georgia team can hit "any" defense at many angles. Has to be a nightmare right now for those that will line up against the Red and Black. For sure other SEC coaches are alreay looking over videos like the one below.

Many have probably watched the video, never hurts to look again and move ones thoughts to the upcoming 2018 Season.

Sincerely "coach'em up" is the name of the game with this outstanding group of talented young men.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78503 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Football is Close . . . .
As Swift and Fromm say in the video . . . . WE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

What's not to believe . . . .

Kirby Smart not hiding as he says below . . . . THIS IS A TEAM TO BE RECKONED WITH.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78504 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Football is Close . . . .
Good read Buc,

Yup.. spring ball fixn...to start...

Word I have.is ...troops crushing the weight room..... as number 4. Said....all we can do for now..

Is get bigger.....

Lights staying on late at the IPF........

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78505 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I'm still excited about our punting/kicking game. Smart and Company have left no position in Athens floundering without talent. Maybe should say, talent depth. Feels real good to type those words.

Nick Saban wanted Jake Camarda, film shows why . . . .

Camarda's hang times are going to be a blessing for Special Team(s).

So much has changed in two (2) years in Athens. More to come.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78506 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Football is Close . . . .
Many ages ago you correctly posted as did others the value of the kicking game

In winning football games..... truth..... one of those things that go unnoticed until..

You have your third string QB as your punter... which brings us to our ability to kick

Touchbacks....... hoping Kirby finds away to bring Kevin Butler back....security blanket for

Our kickers...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #78516 by Buc
Kirby speaks . . . .

Wartdawg is the member that focused me and maybe some other members on Ledbetter. Ledbetter is going to play a special part on the 2018 Team . . . . Leadership.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds