Forum

Mullen, The Second Coming

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78330 by Buc
Mullen, The Second Coming was created by Buc
Copied from the article below.
"Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying?" Mullen said with a laugh. "In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

Coaches have a different approach when talking to the home folks, especially recently hired football coaches. Football coaches more so than any other sport. It's the "macho" thing.

Mullen be advised that Muschamp began his gator role as head coach spouting off about Georgia. After watching your press conference and remembering that urban meyer is the person that "inspired" you to take up residence under him in Florida, you are going to find that words have a way of returning to haunt those so inclined to take that approach.

Another quick lesson for the second coming of urban meyer to coach the gators. Many of the coaches in Florida were not around when urban meyer was the coach.All of the folks that live in the State of Florida are not gator supporters, actually the number of gator faithful is dwindling.

From where I sit, keep up the "good work" . . . . . meaning spouting off, that will come back to bite you for sure. You spent a lot of time coaching Mississippi State, had one short run of having a good team. The last group you coached at Mississippi State was rated high . . . . that however was proven to be media chatter. The Red and Black under second year head coach Kirby Smart let their team do the talking on the turf. 31-3. That "Blind Squirrel took care of your team last season. Looking forward to meeting you in JAX, I will furnish the nuts for you.

Personally, have always felt that Mullen was overated. From time to time when Richt was in Athens, calls from some were to hire Mullen. Wonder where those folks stand on the Smart vs Mullen hiring? Silly question Buc.

Seem to remember Gus Malzahn chirping last season . . . . how did that turn out? Gus could not get in his bus quick enough and leave ATL.

florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gator...n-the-East-114836871
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78331 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Mullen, The Second Coming
I believe that Dan will find out soon enough that bull gators will not be happy with 6 wins and a bowl game like they were in Starkville. There is another old saying “Don’t let your mouth write checks that your a** can’t cash” We will see what happens in Jacksonville this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78332 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Mullen, The Second Coming
Oh Danny, keep talking until you hear the wood chopping coming closer and closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
6 years 2 months ago #78342 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Mullen, The Second Coming
Meh. Look, if Dan Mullen isn't savvy enough to see what's happening in Athens, he's in for a rough time. Georgia is ascendant, and not in a "one-off, blind-squirrel" type of rise. Mullens program would have to improve exponentially just to be described as in disarray. All I'm saying is that Danny needs to get used to the thumpings coming his way via the dawgs. Running your mouth just makes it that much sweeter when the final whistle blows.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
6 years 2 months ago #78346 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Mullen, The Second Coming
Mullen is a moron.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78348 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mullen, The Second Coming
Copied from the article below.

And Johnson, who was a quarterback at Utah during Mullen’s time there, worked on the staff at Mississippi State from 2014-16 before serving as the offensive coordinator at Houston last year.

“He’s one of the best young coaches in America, one of the great quarterback coaches in America and knows my standard of how to work with the quarterbacks because he did play for me,” Mullen said.

Mullen likes himself an awful lot. Quick to take credit, that will come back to bite him on the backside. Mississippi State Athletic Director and Mississippi State Head Coach running the gator program, gators still chasing their gator tails. Mullen is a I, me, my type that insures UGA success in JAX.

www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-coach...ive-staff-call-plays

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds