Forum

The Problem With Ascendancy

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77144 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic The Problem With Ascendancy
There seems to be s lot of talk about our passing game, getting the ball in the air soon. Don’t disagree with that.

My belief is that during the practices that are not witnessed by the media, there is a lot of passing preparation underway. Also understand that game time is different than practice.

What I do like about 2017 is the “fact” that we have more “depth” than we have had in the past x number of years. Couple of comments from players and coaches about first team facing solid competition from those that are not starting but making it very interesting. This is why many on this board and others have thrown coins in the wishing well for years, wanting practice to be more than first unit controls the body of work. Believe that is what “next man up” is all about.

Against Missouri we will definitely see the ball in the air and they have a young man that has a gunslinger outlook. Outcome could answer “some” questions about our starting rotation in the defensive backfield.

I like the way that #5 Terry Godwin and #6 Javon Wims are finding holes in the defenses. Have little doubt that our tight ends, not one but several are going to play a big role before the 2017 Season is over.

Lastly, hope that this game allows us to use many young pups that want playing time on the offensive line.

Go Dawgs, Coach’em Up . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #77146 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic The Problem With Ascendancy
Missouri is definitely going to throw, and they've had some success so it seems we'll find out about our secondary. They have what cab only be described as a defense like a sieve, so I'm guessing were putting up some points on them.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds