Forum

From Athens-Game day Friday #2

6 years 7 months ago #76806 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game day Friday #2 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Thoughts and prayers for those in Irma's path....truly hope all are taking an extra measure of precautions.....

South Bend was going to be a big game regardless who was playing QB for the Dawgs..

First true test to measure multiple areas we wanted to see improvements..

Kickoff touchbacks.....huge improvements... same with punting..... Kevin Butler...year two..

Head Coach....prioritize special teams..... progress.... as pointed out here often...kicking game

Big factor in winning in the SEC....

Much debate... ND. 4- 8. Last year.. we went 8-5... who played the harder schedule???

Can sight many different factors on both teams as to why you believe who will win...

I remember two years ago playing Arkansas....huge line....size advantage....

Didn't factor in us winning....

Looking for us to take another step in improving....

Don't give up easy scores. ..... continue to avoid stupid penalties.....

Take care of the ball..... defense helps getting turnovers....... Dawgs win....

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always Go Dawgs!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago #76816 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens-Game day Friday #2
Expect a low scoring game. Their pretty good offense against our pretty good defense . . . our not great offense against their not great defense.

Tomorrow I'll be smoking some Irish Leprechaun ribs (over apple wood chunks), and I think we'll sautee some "Lucky Clover" asparagus, and maybe even put that over the smoke for a short time. And some "Pot-O'-Gold" baked golden potatoes. Gotta have the baked potatoes.

And maybe we'll finish it off with a "Blood-of-the-Irishman-Who-Hit-Ya" red wine, though I'll be having my usual German "Optimator" beer while doing the smoking.

Football season is the VERY best time of year, ever.

Thanks for the always awesome Friday post, yd1!

Gooooooo DAWGS! Sic'em!!! Woof woof woof!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
6 years 7 months ago #76818 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Game day Friday #2
Brian Kelly is in the position of having to play his “stars” maybe longer than many coaches would prefer.

That is or should be another plus for Georgia. Defense definitely has depth for the first time in a long time.

Believe our game plan will probably try and keep our edges set. Force the quarterback to work from the pocket, more than he did against Temple.

Trying not to say too much about Fromm. Reminds me so much of AM. Both “gym rats” for sure.

Believe this also . . . . Time for our receivers to step up, believe they will. Fromm will put the ball up and allow our receivers to “battle” for the completion. Not being ugly . . . . Eason hesitated too long on many occasions, waiting for a receiver to get open. Offensive line did not allow Eason that pleasure (time).Eason’s first year, coming from a program that was not close to the high school program that Fromm played for.

Repeating myself. There is more to playing the quarterback position than having a golden arm. My opinion . . . . Fromm had high school coaching that surpassed Eason’s tutors. Get well Eason, also believe this will give you time to absorb someone else playing the position and definitely improve certain parts of your game/talent.

There is a lot of quarterback talent coming out of the State of Georgia, must be a reason for that.

Just chatting . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, sflanagan21, dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 7 months ago #76819 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Game day Friday #2
Thriller....enjoy the thrill of the grill.....Iike your menu choices....

Buc..... good observations....

Put ....ND in the SEC.....where among the 14 teams would you place them...???? They have a

Mystic...... didn't do much against the Tide.....just who was the Tide's D.C. for that game...

Our Head Coach will bring a few "D" tweaks to South Bend...fact..

Again....thoughts and prayers for those in Irma's path.....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 7 months ago #76820 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens-Game day Friday #2
I look for a really good day from Chubb and Michel, and like others here have stated the defense is going to need to contain.

Kicking Game could prove large!

Hope Irma weakens and our friends and neighbors in Florida are OK!!!!

GO DAWGS!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #76824 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens-Game day Friday #2
ND is going to load the box and make Fromm beat them, you can bet on that! Chaney and Smart surely realize this. I hope the game plan is a ton of quick passes, bubble passes to our playmakers and a load of dump passes of sort to Nauta. Soften up their D and let Chubb and Michel do the rest. The long pass is going to be there but we gotta be patient and know when to shoot for it and not get greedy because if Fromm is going to make big mistakes it'll be there.

No doubt we are going to have to be disciplined with our outside containment against Wimbush or he will rip us apart with those legs. He looked pretty good to me but it was so hard to get a good read on him against Temple. We need to get to him early and rattle him. Then see how he reacts to being hit hard by RS or TT.

I think we are going to be fine. The improvement of our ST gives me a lot of hope in games like this...

(Edit) PS- we get Ridley back this week, that's way bigger than most think!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds