Forum

Opener get together in Athens

16 years 9 months ago #4874 by stevedawg
Opener get together in Athens was created by stevedawg
It is time to start planning the get together.
steve

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
16 years 9 months ago #4880 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:Opener get together in Athens
a good idea for multiple people get togethers is this:

1. Myers quad, its close to all parking and the stadium

2. Coordinate AHEAD OF TIME, as in set up time, whos bringing what etc, who aims to show up when, who has extra tix, who needs extra tix etc

3. Have a TRUCK parked close by this truck is to be used for storage of the attendees goods during the game...let the attendees know in advance that they have until X minutes after the game to get their goods or they go home with the owner of the truck and they can pick them up at their leisure

this system works well for me and the red army

• swamphox
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4881 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Opener get together in Athens
In response to #2 of swamphox's reply, if anybody has extra tix, let me know. I still haven't found any reasonably priced and not sure if I would want to drive 4 hours without them and have to find them on a street corner.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #4888 by swamphox
Replied by swamphox on topic Re:Opener get together in Athens
scalpers will be out in force....you'll be fine
DO NOT pay over face...you should be able to find lower level tix for face value for this game w/o much toruble.

Now a non scalper friend is a different issue....Ive actually seen people buy tix from friends for more than the scalper was asking while in front of the scalper and over his loud protests and cursings:)

Why? Well if your friend is the person getting the tix, and he's the one making the donation, then I see nothing wrong with paying more than face. The donation is half a G minimum so its ok to bend on that rule in my opinion:)

ive actually figured that Id probably save money buying scalped since you can get face for pretty much all but AL, AU, UT, and GT and you may still luck out for Tech or AL dpeneding on the year the teams are having. UT and Auburn always seem to run atleast 100 for something decent. The odds of all 4 playing in athens are nil anyway, simply will not happen

another idea is to go to atlanta.craigslist.org or athensga.craiglist.org or even one of the local oklahoma craigslist sites

• swamphox
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4889 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:Opener get together in Athens
It was once asked if anyone had a generator. I still do and can still bring it. I'll drive the truck for the storage as well.

More
16 years 9 months ago #4901 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Opener get together in Athens
If you buy on the bridge how much would you expect to pay?

GATA! Woof!

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds